Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passenger Electric Window

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi guys, i have a VU Ute with elect windows.
The passenger side won't go up.

I took the switch center block out and tried shorting the wires out, the drivers side went up (but does work off switch) tried another wire next to the up wire and the reply kept clicking repeating. the other wires on the other side of plug are dead which i figure are the pass side.
Swapped the Reply, but no go.

Any ideas as what to look at next, i just want the window up so we can lock the ute.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi guys, i have a VU Ute with elect windows.
The passenger side won't go up.

I took the switch center block out and tried shorting the wires out, the drivers side went up (but does work off switch) tried another wire next to the up wire and the reply kept clicking repeating. the other wires on the other side of plug are dead which i figure are the pass side.
Swapped the Reply, but no go.

Any ideas as what to look at next, i just want the window up so we can lock the ute.
Try putting some power on the motor itself. If the motor is still good, it will go up. May have to reverse the polarity to get it up?

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Hi @Lex yeah that's exactly what i did, i just was hoping for another way with out having to pull the skin off....but done and up so lockable.

Still can't work out why it's not working, no power to window motor, no power pass side of switch block but has power on drivers side.

Last edited:

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hi @Lex yeah that's exactly what i did, i just we hoping for another way with out having to pull the skin off....but done and up so lockable.

Still can't work out why it's not working, no power to window motor, no power pass side of switch block but has power on drivers side.
Get a battery & put on the ground, bottom of door, with a couple of wires. If the motor is any good, you'll get the window up.
Then be able to lock it up.

Then you can trouble shoot it later at your leisure.