Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passenger front quarter panel

Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
Hi all,

Tonight i decided to hit a cement block and smashed my passenger front quarter panel in and smashed the indicator too. Plus the plastic that goes above the tyre has fallen off. I think i have done more damage than i think lol. I have taken the panel off and removed the indicator. During this i noticed a ball (like a float) hanging down as it obviously broke off and was wondering what it is and do i need to replace it with one that will be able to be screwed back on as it looks like it snapped where the screws go?
Going to the wreckers tomorrow to see if i can get a panel (white) and indicator, hope they have the parts.

Cheers,
Red.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
i noticed a ball (like a float) hanging down as it obviously broke off and was wondering what it is and do i need to replace it with one that will be able to be screwed back on as it looks like it snapped where the screws go?
Can be cable tied back into position if you are tight for cash and the ball is not cracked or broken. It is called the vacuum reservoir and needed for air cond controls.

Lucky you have white as there are still plenty of them around.

Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 VS Commodore
Can be cable tied back into position if you are tight for cash and the ball is not cracked or broken. It is called the vacuum reservoir and needed for air cond controls.

Lucky you have white as there are plenty of them around.

It is not cracked or broken and where about would it be placed?

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag