Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pay cut. No notice, not even told we were getting it.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
As of tonight, i have just discovered my pay has been cut by $3. I was not informed this would be haqppening and was not told that it did happen!

Is this right?

Im 21, working part time at Dominos as a driver/in store. I was getting paid just over $18\hour. I was informed tonight from another work mate that this has been droped to $15.51\hour. Im in the process of getting a copy of my contract with them. Before this happened i just got a motorbike on fiance. This was a week ago, and the regianal manager, who had to provide paper work for me, didnt even tell me. With out this job i default on the bloody loan! Before i even pick up the bike! Im not in a good mood.

Wageline is not working. What can i do about this? Has wageline got a contact number? Every time i go to the site it doesnt work. Or would i best be contacting someone else?

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
You should of been aware but I would be talking to the boss first and seeing what's going on.

ASAUTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SS UTe Cammed
First of all, just because your mate said that doesn't mean it is true. Find out for sure.

Second, you would be surprised how well negotiating with your employer may take you. Just do not talk to your other workmates about it.

As of tonight, i have just discovered my pay has been cut by $3. I was not informed this would be haqppening and was not told that it did happen!

Is this right?

Im 21, working part time at Dominos as a driver/in store. I was getting paid just over $18\hour. I was informed tonight from another work mate that this has been droped to $15.51\hour. Im in the process of getting a copy of my contract with them. Before this happened i just got a motorbike on fiance. This was a week ago, and the regianal manager, who had to provide paper work for me, didnt even tell me. With out this job i default on the bloody loan! Before i even pick up the bike! Im not in a good mood.

Wageline is not working. What can i do about this? Has wageline got a contact number? Every time i go to the site it doesnt work. Or would i best be contacting someone else?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
this is where unions come in handy

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
I disagree, did you see what happened with Qantas when the unions stepped in?

yep, my brother is currently on stand down with no pay

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I read on another forum where a Dominoes employee had their wage dropped as Dominoes realised they were paying too much or something.

I agree though that you should clarify your pay rate with your boss first.

I can confirm that the National minimum adult wage is $15.51 per hour.

seq4x4

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
Been calling the boss all day/night, wont answer his phone. Boss being the reginal manager. It has been confirmed that there is a pay cut. Just took a visit to the other dominos in the area too. However i did sign a contract where i was to be paid just over $18 an hour. Hence the contact of the boss to get a copy. Think ill have to go to brissy office.

I dont see how its right to talk about it, without even being told that theres talk then suddenly it happens, once again without notice.
I was abit pissed that we dont get public holiday rates either, but thats with most fast food places aparently.

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
see what pizza hut are offering

Hunter SS

Growing Old Disgracefully
Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SS
i know that any job is better than none.... but $15 per hour sux ballz! Best bet would be to start looking around for something better.