Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PCM and Roller Rockers install instructions?

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Hey guys,

Just received my new PCM tune and 1.9 roller rockers w/push rods for my VYII ecotec.
Will install tomorrow but was wanting to get some rough idea on an install process for each. MACE's site doesn't feature install instructions for these parts so I was wanting to know if anyone has done a write-up in the past?

A quick search found nothing elaborate, just something to do with installing the push rods with correct orientation?
And how to correctly torque the rockers once in place? Can I just torque to spec as is or do I have to torque when rocker is closed/open?
I've heard they can rattle if not torqued correctly.

Install looks easy enough but a guide to follow would be appreciated.
As far as the PCM goes, simple plug and play, but where is it? Is it behind the left hand kick panel in the footwell?

Cheers

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
As long as they are torqued to specs , and seeing as you have a VY , they are prone to have rough casting issues on the head I'm hoping for your sake you also have the different push rods for the rockers to suit , as for the PCM tune they are just a plug and go , but I suggest you disconnect your battery when you install the PCM
There is a thread here on the installation of the rockers the search feature is your friend .

DUK13Y

When in doubt, slide it out
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VEII SSV, VYII Berlina, '97 Lancer
Sorry for double post but I wanted to stretch my audience to get as much advise as possible.

As I stated in the OP, I do have the upgraded push rods to suit.
Am I correct in the PCM being behind the left hand kick panel?