Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'pedders or kings' vx berlina

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I'll be happy if the car sits level with these, which I'm hoping it will. I don't want the front sitting lower than the back. Is that what your experiencing or is it just that it's not inside the guard enough? Also do you think I will need shorter bump stops front or rear?
No not really. About 50/50, it's just not low enough. When in drive it's perfect. When it's full of petrol perfect. Petrol and shopping down a good 5-10mm easy. That's when it looks it's best. But it's height is perfect for handling and clearance. But still would like a few mm lower all round especially the rear. This is how it sits with no extra weight in the rear.

2011-03-04 18.11.08.jpg

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
I'll be happy if the car sits level with these, which I'm hoping it will. I don't want the front sitting lower than the back. Is that what your experiencing or is it just that it's not inside the guard enough? Also do you think I will need shorter bump stops front or rear?
No not really. About 50/50, it's just not low enough. When in drive it's perfect. When it's full of petrol perfect. Petrol and shopping down a good 5-10mm easy. That's when it looks it's best. But it's height is perfect for handling and clearance. But still would like a few mm lower all round especially the rear. This is how it sits with no extra weight in the rear.

View attachment 138355

Hey I'm perfectly happy with that! Just what I want especially not having to have to worry about clearance too. Will my original front cambers be ok? I know the scenario about the rears. Will also be fitting Monroe GT Sport with the Kings.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
Does anyone know if the pedders touring spring is a softer spring to the sports Ryder? And will the combination of front sports Ryder and rear pedders touring springs work together well? I know the touring is a budget spring but will it work as well as the sports Ryder or will it sag?? Has anyone ever had a combination of the two?

Doesn't matter what spring you have, at super low height, your never going to get a "soft" ride. It's going to be firm no matter what springs you use. Tyres will play a big part as well. If your running 16's or 17's the rides going to be softer than if your running 19's or 20's as well.

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Does anyone know if the pedders touring spring is a softer spring to the sports Ryder? And will the combination of front sports Ryder and rear pedders touring springs work together well? I know the touring is a budget spring but will it work as well as the sports Ryder or will it sag?? Has anyone ever had a combination of the two?

My springs are pedders with FE2 shocks. not 100% sure what kind of pedders springs they are, I told my boys at TTF (tyre factory) to lower it just a bit below FE2.
StevesNewCar021.jpg

Rides well, not as bouncy/comfortable as the FE2 setup was but it felt a bit floaty on those springs, now it feels like it hugs the road alot better.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hey Delish-VY, that's what i found, that with the FE2 shocks and springs its still a bit floaty, doesn't hug the road as much. Reason enough to upgrade to the lower suspension but with a good set of shocks like the GT Sport, these have been fine tuned apparently to work well with the Kings.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Hey I'm perfectly happy with that! Just what I want especially not having to have to worry about clearance too. Will my original front cambers be ok? I know the scenario about the rears. Will also be fitting Monroe GT Sport with the Kings.
They usually recommend changing both spring and shock up front. But it can find deeper issues, like mushrooms bearing might need replacing. And if you're like me when they find something on the way out i have to replace it straight away:D. GSL rallysport might have a deal for you on shocks?.

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/gsl-rallysport/84366-kyb-kings-commodore-lowering-packages.html

Showbags is correct, once you drop it the ride becomes stiffer. In my case mines a good combination between comfort and firmness. I had selby springs and factory shocks before. It's ride was stiff but ok. Changed to Lovells and kyb short shocks the ride was softer but so much better on cornering with better balance. Now i can take the olds in the car and it hits bumps nicely. One thing it hates is that roads that are worn out with pot holes and un even surfaces, which tend to vibrate through the car (but what car doesn't do that hitting that type of road).

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
kings kings kings kings kings.
more comfy ride.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Kings fit for a KING!!!

Kings it is....