Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders stinks........tried to cheat me..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hairy Eater

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Executive V6
i phoned around for prices of two 13 inch 70 series tyres..... Pedders was $15 cheaper for each tyre... i dropped off the 2 wheels and told the guy i wanted the $60 13 inch 70 series tyres .... he said ok.... i picked them up then this guy tries to hit me for EXTRA $$ to get rid of the old tyres.... i told him i'll take old tyres with me and just dump them on the footpath cos the Council will get rid of them for free.... you should of seen the look on his face.... i get home to find out that the wanker put 65 series tyres on... i phone them up and he said he explained to me that 65 series was a higher tyre.... bulldust he did !!...next day i have to get 2 more 65 series tyres to make my car pass roadworthy... i get 2 more new tyres... i was suprised this time i dont get asked for extra $$ to get rid of old tyres... i know why... these 2 tyres got 80% tread... so i asked for them.... i got them no worries...i know they wanted to keep them so as to resell them again... i would rather dump the tyres than let them cheating Pedders resell them...

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
its normal for most places to charge you to get rid of old tyres, as they get charged to get rid of them themselves.

why did you need all 4 tyres to be 65 series? only need both tyres per axle to be the same.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
my bro use to work at a tyre place, and he went through the old tyres oneday (the ones ready to be thrown out) and found 2 reasonably good ones. He put his name on them and at the end of the day he brought them home and gave them 2 me. Then the next day his boss asked him where they went and he said he took them home for me. His boss made him come home and get them and take them back.....then his boss sold them for about $20.....bloody tight ass!

brohawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais
i used to be a tyre fitter we never charged to get rid of tyres and if we wanted any we were more then welcome to them and so were the public we used to keep them down the side n ppl would come and help themselves, we never left anything overly good out there anyway. it just depends on the particular company

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
my bro use to work at a tyre place, and he went through the old tyres oneday (the ones ready to be thrown out) and found 2 reasonably good ones. He put his name on them and at the end of the day he brought them home and gave them 2 me. Then the next day his boss asked him where they went and he said he took them home for me. His boss made him come home and get them and take them back.....then his boss sold them for about $20.....bloody tight ass!

If he didn't have permission of the owner it's called theft. But of course since your brother was stealing from his employer that is ok.

Reaper

clinker42

Reaction score
Do Pedders sell tyres,
I just thought you went in for a wheel alignment with your near brand new VX and came out with a 128 point suspension check and a list of 20 items that need replacing at a cost of $1700

Pedders No Bull, LMFAO, should read PEDDERS FULL OF BULL

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
pedders are a bloody rip off, never heard a good thing about them

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
funny, the pedders here are good to me, only place i goto for wheel alignments, but thats all i have them do really. but still, good blokes and dont try n screw me over.

Status
Not open for further replies.