Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

People thinking their cars are worth too much?

Vsfan95

Vsfan95
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series 2 Acclaim
I bought Vs as well he had for sale for a grand. i took it because it was a bargain but it costed me an extra 4000 to get it roadworthy. oh well at least it was cheap.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I know when I sell a car I start off a bit higher, few grand more if it's worth over $10,000, then slowly drop it down if no one bites. But some people out there are way off the money and won't budge at all.
I was trying to sell my motorbike last year, cost me about $5000 worth to rebuild, so asking price was $4000, on ebay someone offered me $3400, which I thought was a bit too low and I could get a little more, and now I am kicking myself coz it's cost me another $600 in rego fees since then and it still hasn't sold.

Sentimentality plays a part in most sales, as does the amount of cash that's been sunk into the money pit.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
$4000 of work. It must be a lemon.

Did someone say pedders lol..

Pedders gave me a quote on performance bushes, $ 800. Then went to a highly recommended place and spent $1000. I received the same bushes + strut mushrooms- noltec, with KYB short shocks. He only had one bad thing to say about pedders. The franchises have shamed the name with greed.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Just on the pedders thing, apparently some ex-employee was saying left overs and stuff pulled off customers cars was up for grabs by employees so all the more reason to over quote etc.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
sorry to steal the thread but can someone enlighten me on this pedders thing?

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
VR Maloo supercharged - eBay, Passenger Vehicles, Cars, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-May-10 20:13:47 AEST)

i have a mate that is trying to sell this. now this is not a plug for him but he wont listen. imo its over priced. he has been offered 15 for it and wont take it. cause of the price he has paid for it and spent on it. ok the engine is a fresh rebuild but i keep just telling him its just a vr ute. why pay 25 for it when you can get a ls1 for that drop in a cam tune it and then have more power and a newer car.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
I'm getting those paypal scam emails left right and centre. I'm doubling the price and asking cash in hand for these twits. I think it's fair.

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
When i was car hunting i found it funny, i would find a car worth 5k, the owner wants 8k, i offer 4.5k and sometimes they would cut sick at me for trying to undercut them, but then get mega defensive when i would accuse them of over pricing.

Actually, fairly hilarious is when someone offers a car for 5k or nearest offer, so ill offer 4.7k and they go batsh*t for offering them a price. I mean they did say "or nearest offer", and 4.7k is pretty near, but the way most sellers i met reacted you would swear you smacked their childs pet with a shovel in front of them.

In the end you just walk away and if they are desperate to sell then you will hear back, if they arent desperate to sell then you move on. Cars for sale are like women and buses, theres always another one coming around the corner.