Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peoples opinion on exterior visuals

dirte_dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS Sedan
Hey Mate, You could consider painting your brake calipers I did mine the other day (and if I can do it you can) and it looks great. All you need is some VHT Brake Caliper Paint from Repco, a wire brush, some degreaser/wheel cleaner, tap water, newspaper and tape... and a few hours. It really makes a simple/clean addition under $20. Hope this helps a bit any questions let me know.

VZImpulseSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
'79 HZ Ute
Hey Mate, You could consider painting your brake calipers I did mine the other day (and if I can do it you can) and it looks great. All you need is some VHT Brake Caliper Paint from Repco, a wire brush, some degreaser/wheel cleaner, tap water, newspaper and tape... and a few hours. It really makes a simple/clean addition under $20. Hope this helps a bit any questions let me know.

Cheers mate, i'll probably give that a go :)

toey@carfx

Detailing Junkie
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
2007 wm caprice
as said, de badge it. looks so much neater.

get it detailed. im talking a full paint correction to remove paint defects. then learn how to wash it properly to minimise wash induced swirls. expect it to cost around $600+ but its definetly worth it. after this keep the car spotless. that stands out in the crowd, even when in a stocker.

after that wheels and lowered, hard cover

psshhhht

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore wagon v6
rat rod it, would be sweet to see one done that way. however I know it's not most people's thing

maybe if the paint is really good condition, get it two toned (cheaper than full spray) or just debadge it and maybe custom grille would work?

OHMYVY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vy series II acclaim

yeh i think im going to pull mine off and paint them but not sure in which colour to do them

LS1FUN

Confused with life..
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Holden VS S-Pack
Black 19' rims? Would look horn.

Black track stripes?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
20% tint....
Lower it a little
Debadge.
Change all the indicator lights to phantom globes to your indicators dont look orange.
Smoother looking wipers (I know, it's not a huge mod but you will be replacing them anyway so get the flexblade one's)
Paint calipers, but not a stupid color, silver is perfect :D
Whiter headlight/foglight bulbs.
and a full detail, that will all cost alot but it will make people look at the car and think "It's clean" :D

stevebutler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina S1
Say no to chev badges, its a holden not a chev. From what ive seen the ss utes look great with hard covers, lowered, debadged except the lions and chrome wheels.