Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Cars and P Plate Offences

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
Yes you can, your bound by the rules of your state of licensing. That being SA, you are allowed to drive V8's on your P's so you can drive them anywhere.

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
vs ss is quicker then a vt ss due to the extra weight that the vt has but saying that the vt has had a bit more power added to it not enough to make much of a diffrence to all that weight

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
A VS SS is quicker than a VT SS?

A Series 1 with the 5 liter or the Series 2 with the LS1?

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
"What's the rush to get behind the wheel of a V8? "

he's better than everyone else....
I don't think it's a good idea telling people who have been members on this forum for alot longer than you to go and piss off...particularly if they are telling you to stop acting like a complete clown.

Nothing wrong with wanting a V8. When it's legal to drive one. Until then, obey the law for the rest of us road users sakes...
I told u 3 times now, For the last time i dont want a V8!! Get it threw your heads.

i asked the same question and got shut down too, but there are exemptions you can apply for through vicroads. but not for V8's i dont think. only lower performance turbo/supercharged cars with power-to-weight ration of 100kws per tonne or 100-125kws per tonne if its a family vehicle (eg, sedan with 5 seats and child resraints from factory).
im applying for one of those bad boys.
should get answer by the end of the week, then ima buy a vx calais supercharged xD

with a 10psi pulley, apparently they rape gen III's off the mark. but u gotta love that V8 rumble!

Thank u mate finaly i got a decent awnser from somebody.
I never said i wanted something to powerfull, just something just under the power to waight, dont see whats rong with a turbo 4cyd or supercharged 6?
I realise v8's are abit powerfull for me to drive soo im keeping away from them for a fact, also cause petrol as well.
Since im here might as well asked like u guys were saying before that wen they type in your rego it comes up with v8 blah blah is there any other mods i can make that wont be that noticeable
and increase proformance besides CAI and extractors. Im thinking of getting a sports exaust, cat back or hot dog since im getting a new exaust i like a good sound. but witch 1 is best proformance?

Last edited:

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I told u 3 times now, For the last time i dont want a V8!! Get it threw your heads

I never said i wanted something to powerfull, just something just under the power to waight, dont see whats rong with a turbo 4cyd or supercharged 6?
I realise v8's are abit powerfull for me to drive soo im keeping away from them for a fact, also cause petrol as well.
Since im here might as well asked like u guys were saying before that wen they type in your rego it comes up with v8 blah blah is there any other mods i can make that wont be that noticeable
and increase proformance besides CAI and extractors. Im thinking of getting a sports exaust, cat back or hot dog since im getting a new exaust i like a good sound. but witch 1 is best proformance?

I was generalising, wasn't necessarily alluding to you. And no you can't do any mods, including exhausts/extractors etc. You live in Victoria and your on you P's = No performance enhancing/direct engine modifications. What does this mean? You have a mechanically stock car until you are off your P's.

Luke's VX Equip

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx equip
fe enough mate, yeah i no i cant modify it but i might anyways i dont care now big deal woop woop i dont care i got a pod on my car which i no i cant have but i have to have it anyways because of my gas soo realy i dont care if i put an exhaust on.
lol technacly my car was stock but my macanic put new high proformance leads and spark plugs and the podfilter as mentioned to prevent backfireing and stalling while im on gas.
Gas still runs like **** and backfires occationly soo im over it now.

back to my question does anyone no of the best exhaust for money and proformance and loudness i was gonna put a exaust on anyways soo might as well get something decent??
If i cop a fine i cop a fine :driving:
Thx for the advice anyways mate.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
fe enough mate, yeah i no i cant modify it but i might anyways i dont care now big deal woop woop i dont care i got a pod on my car which i no i cant have but i have to have it anyways because of my gas soo realy i dont care if i put an exhaust on.
lol technacly my car was stock but my macanic put new high proformance leads and spark plugs and the podfilter as mentioned to prevent backfireing and stalling while im on gas.
Gas still runs like **** and backfires occationly soo im over it now.

back to my question does anyone no of the best exhaust for money and proformance and loudness i was gonna put a exaust on anyways soo might as well get something decent??
If i cop a fine i cop a fine :driving:
Thx for the advice anyways mate.

No worries mate, if you want to go out and do mods, just don't complain here when you do.

In regards to your question I suggest you use the search button. There are thousands of topics on exhausts all over the forum that are worth reading, not to mention a section in V6 Development and Modification dedicated to exhausts.

Read them first is my suggestion.

B

BXHD

I told u 3 times now, For the last time i dont want a V8!! Get it threw your heads.

no worries! not many people on here like to help p platers mod up their cars because of all the tools out their that do stupid things and endanger lives, but im sure people with their full license do that too. its not our fault other p platers have given us a bad name for their stupidity! good luck with ur future mods mate! drive safe :thumbsup: