Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance chip

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
The VY PCM can be modified, it involves flash programming it with a different set of calibration data, i believe Powerchip still pull the eeprom off & program it seperately, the figures quoted are about it for increases.
The Ebay "chip" mentioned is a resistor intended to trick either the Inlet Air Tem sensor or the Coolant Temp sensor, its crap.
There is another crowd on Ebay selling some "device" to interfere with the Oxygen sensor signal that it supposed to increase power...again crap.

Rob

vy_pete05

Please rate my feedback
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VY Exec SII
vyyoot, if you ahvent got anything better to do than "not believe everything you read" then dont write anything at all, i have the chip installed, i got it from PowerChip as explained, i gave the data they gave me and my mate owns an exhuast shop with a DYNO and all specs were confirmed, and oh sh*t, giannetto, the one wanting to knwo information has foudn it, ON THE VY COMMODRE...hope the info helps giannetto and yes it is worth getting, im happy with it

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
Performance gains...

Is this powerchip what is ultimately responsible for the varied performance gains between a standard 3.8 VY, and an S?

I've being doing some reading up on the performance gains... suddenly depressed - lol. Consider the following:

VY 3.8L V6 Engine
- Standard : 152kw / 305nm
- Standard with modified ECU : 165kw / 332nm
- Supercharged : 171kw / 375nm
- Supercharged with modified ECU : 186kw / 401nm

This has turned me off getting a supercharger - with my current engine at least! I thought that the supercharger did alot more than that... Reality check. Should start saving up for this...

VZ 6.0L V8 Engine
- Standard : 297kw / 530nm
- Standard with modified ECU : 317kw / 561nm
- Supercharged with modified ECU : ?!?!?

I'm off to take a cold shower... :thumbsup: Time to start some vigorous saving!

Last edited:

giannetto

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black vy 'S'
im dont nkow much about superchargers etc, but iw ould think a supercharger would give more power then that?

vy_acclaim

Reaction score
Members Ride
HBD VYII Acclaim
giannetto said:
...iw ould think a supercharger would give more power then that?
Same here mate - not cool. Check it out here... Does anyone know if a turbo charger would fare better?

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Turbo would do more..

Remember the stock 'charger only runs a measley 6psi. The L67 can handle 10psi no worries at all, no other mods required except the smaller pulley. They may be tame out of the box but have a whole lot of potential.