Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance engine builder - V6

Gemadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
TG Gemini 3.8
Hi Steve,

If I was to look for a person/shop to assist with building a performance (race) spec V6 engine (both short and long versions), who would you recommend. It seems the Gemini's buick is experiencing blow-by and sump pressurization and I would like to build a new engine but dont want to be ripped off. Ive simply heard too many sad stories with dodgy engine builders and large invoices.

Have you got anyone in your little black book that you can recommend? (pref Brissy area if possible)

Cheers
Mark

MACE

Reaction score
Hi Mark,

"If I was to look for a person/shop to assist with building a performance (race) spec V6 engine (both short and long versions), who would you recommend. It seems the Gemini's buick is experiencing blow-by and sump pressurization and I would like to build a new engine but dont want to be ripped off. Ive simply heard too many sad stories with dodgy engine builders and large invoices."
I completely understand where you're coming from, especially when it comes to V6 builds

Our preferred engine builder is unfortunately he is located in Melbourne

Please don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Bart

chargedvx6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII HBD Calais L67
I'd suggest a pm to Decicrate. He's located in the Brissy area and builds, tunes and circuit races V6s.

Munz

Right Foot Action
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais LS1 / VL RB30e daily
Try Horsepower Engineering in Capalaba

Gemadore

Reaction score
Members Ride
TG Gemini 3.8
Thx gents :)

I will try both suggestions. Who is your guy in Melbourne, Bart? Might have a chat to him anyway.

MACE

Reaction score