Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Inlet Manifolds - HOLDEN V8 304

Boost Junky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Stephens 19V, VY S L67, Monaro cv6, VE Omega
Some people have made 200 *just* with the banana but not many have and that's about as far as you go. 170-180 is easily done, you can do that even on stock compression and a well selected cam and good exhaust. But the other 20 doesn't come easy

appreciate yr coments m8

i'm gonna throw on a 70mm TB, upgrade the twin exhaust to twin 3'', then talk to u about purchasing one of yr memcal's

cheers

Boost Junky

Reaction score
Members Ride
guys

what max rpm's do most guys shift gears at, with stock or mild modded 304 EFI's?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Anywhere between 5200- 5400 on a stock motor with a good exhaust give similar times, up to about 6000 with a cam suited to the banana manifold

Boost Junky

Reaction score
Members Ride
Anywhere between 5200- 5400 on a stock motor with a good exhaust give similar times, up to about 6000 with a cam suited to the banana manifold

thanx greenfoam

i'm upgrading the exhaust to twin 3''

70mm TB

H/D v/springs, retainers & YT rollers

then i'll try one of yr memcal's

that'l do for a while until i go cam later

i'm currently trying out different prop's as a starting point

best regs

marky

thetriksta99

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5litre
this is my first post! im looking at manifolds at the moment because i am upgrading to a bigger cam.

can anybody recommend a cam for me with the following specs of my car?
i have a vr 5l auto with pacemaker extracters, twin exhaust no cats, 3.9gears in the diff with a mini spool, standard stally.

and im looking at an active manifold with a come racing throttle body. i will try and attach a picture of this manifold.
any help would be much appreciated!
i might add that this car is gonna be for doing skids mostly not for street.

cheers
rick

SLE-883

Reaction score
Members Ride
1981 VH Commodore SL/E
Anyone been given a hard time by the law with the COME racing twin throttle body manifold?

Would love to get one of these for my car but have heard that cars have been defected with this on. Only other option I can think of is the Star Performance one.

FUN304

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss
Mate you can be defected for any change to the engine that you make that isn't standard, only way to be safe is to have your mods engineered if your worried/ if possible. But in short if you put a come ttb on you can be defected.

vp_exec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ser2 BT1 355, 3800 conv, 3.45 IRS
Interested to know whether anyone (2enil8 may have some experience) has tried a hi-rise TP dual plane, but with an elbow and ls1 t/body, instead of the carby-look 1000cfm???

I now have a VN Grp A scoop on the VP and understand that the hi-rise d/p will probably suit my 355 222deg combo. Thinking of adding a spacer (1 or 2 inch) open or 4-port, and then an elbow to an ls1 t/body.
Then into an airbox arrangement.

Has made 239rwkw thru custom ttb manifold and t5 - and makes 189rwkw thru bananas, a 3800 conv TH700 and 3.45 IRS. Awesome torque, but know there's more to be found with a manifold swap!

Last edited: