Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

performance memcal

mattp VSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute s2 m5 3.8
hey guys, im looking at getting a Dr Bobs chip for my 3.8 vs manual and was just wondering if anyone has used them and if there worth the $$$, thanks

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
when i had my vs v6 i had Dr bob do me a chip.

to give you a idea i had headers and cat back also ss inductions cold air intake. Once the chip was installed i had put on a dyno. the car had 240,000kms on the clock. i had the whole 120rwkw.

what did the chip do?
well it made the car more responsive to drive. power mode would hold gears longer. the best improvement was fuel economy. i was able to get 700km out of a tank when doing full highway driving. around town would get aroun 550kms.

was it worth it?

for the money i paid yes. but dont think once you get it the car will be some fire breathing weapon. at the end of the day its a V6. without going force fed air or stroker its noto going to be that quick.

If you are after better economy and a littl ebit better throttle response then go for it

mattp VSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute s2 m5 3.8
thanks for that nanos i think i will get this chip, mainly because iv got a few mods and dr bob can cater for them just to get it running better for the combo ive got, idealy id like a dyno tune but this chip should be better than what ive got now, thanks again.

con7502003

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn 5ltr
well said nanos thats spot on its not gunna breath fire or eat v8s but pound 4 pound prolly not a bad investment last time i read apost about v6 chips it spun both wheels fully sick gunna take on all commers till he woke up only thing sliding was his hand.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
they make a good difference i got my old vp v6 from 17 seconds on a gtech to 14.2 with just exhaust and about 100 tunes one after the other

[p]wrr-247

Mr14ry
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Calais v8
lol i know they dont do much some guy is claiming it will make 15-17 rwk i dnt thik hats true if some 1 can tell me its actually worth getting one then i mite thik about it id rather just get a dyno tune better at the end of the day