Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance packs

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
hey guys,now that i know im looking at going for either an SS or SSV just wondering if anyone knows what performance packs can be added and all that,i know that there is a walkinshaw pack,is that just for a certain model or can it be added to any V8? and does it have to be a new car or can i get the pack done to a used car? what other packs are there? any that include a supercharger and tune from HSV or something? like the super clubby pack? also what body mods and stuff do these packs come with if any?

probably a noob question but i wana know what i want b4 i go buy :)

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
If you jump on the Walkinshaw website, it lists all the performance mods and visual mods they do.
They also have a section that talks about the warranty side of things, new car, used etc...

Some dealerships also offer mods, just gotta find them.

If you don't care about the warrenty side of things, any good tune/performance shop will look after ya.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
If you have the $$$$ you can always look at HDT which are up at Narellan.
HDT OFFICIAL WEBSITE
They do all types of stuff for $$$$$ and especially if you like the history associated with Holden and the Commodore.
If only I had the cash..........................:>(

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Are Corsa still doing Commodores? Their website has been 'coming soon' for a while.

GKW

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SSV & 1999 VT SS SII
Bigjim92 and womble66 are both on the money.

All four options:

1) Dealer added mods (usually zorst, OTR and tune)
2) Walky pack
3) buy the car and go see a good mod shop, and
4) HDT

are valid and appeal to various individuals according to their wants and $$ in pocket.

Another option (and I only know this by checking out their site) is CAPA in SA who sell new VE's spec'ed to various levels etc. Have a look see at their site. You may see what you are after. Good luck!

bladerunner

"needs a bit'a nitrous"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS UTE & a 71' deltek rockhopper
Patterson channey Holden dealership sell their own modded brand new Commys straight out of the box with full warranties etc..they are quickly getting a good rep for the mod packs they have according to other forums. don't know if they"re near you or not though. but like the others said there is shitloads of places you can go to no matter how deep your pockets are.

ice_cold17

Ice Cold
Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Executive S2
well il be buying mine in sydney in a few months time,im liking the walkinshaw and HDT stuff,mostly coz its all built for purpose by the people who built the car,the thing ive seen though that i would love is the supercharger from the performance pack on the clubsport,the whine of that thing sounds awesome

Top Gear Australia - HSV Supercharged Clubsport By Walkinshaw Pt1 - YouTube

its in there if you wana look at it,not sure if they use that pack for the SS or SSV though

GRPABT1

Jakstas' Warden
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN shitta
The same blower will bolt up fine. Final power output will be slightly down on an L98 from an LS3 though unless they can feed it more boost due to compression ratio being lower in the L98

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
The Patterson Chenney cars, RS Packs (Race Sport) are very nice indeed.
The work is carried out by VCM/Autotechnique, so you know the products and quality of work is good.

Patterson channey Holden dealership sell their own modded brand new Commys straight out of the box with full warranties etc..they are quickly getting a good rep for the mod packs they have according to other forums. don't know if they"re near you or not though. but like the others said there is shitloads of places you can go to no matter how deep your pockets are.