Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance plenum spacer

vs commi

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore and ve sv6 2011
could u fit both 25 mm PLENUM SPACER and COLD AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD INSULATORS if u raise the bonnet a bit or will it still hit

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
should be able to fit them both without fouling the bonnet. a strut brace is 50mm and still leaves room for the bonnet. however you can't have these spacers and a strutbrace.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Strut braces are nigh useless anyway!

Is there any documented proof that these spacers acheive anything on an otherwise standard motor?

chevy_big_block_bro

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VYII SV8 One tonner
I got a little more bottom end torque in my old VT with a manifold insulator but minimal, that was also with the custom twin TB plenum. I did notice it kept th plenum a little cooler which is its main job. As for the strut brace, they have a tendency to keep your car drivable after hitting a gutter at 70km/h coming out of a small roundabout. My passenger strut tower would have been leaning on the headers if I didn't have the brace to brace them. All I got was a little clack in that rubber joint seal stuff.