Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Upgrade Questions?

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
Is it supercharged? because mace engineering does a 10psi pulley kit for cheap. Im assuming its supercharged if you want a pulley kit if not dont worry bout one. could you imagine the price on a gilmour belt that long. and bigger injectors arent nessecary unless you want to put more fuel in and with more fuel you need more air
And by the way how much are stroker kits worth for v6s and do they do any signifigant increase in power on a super6?

Nah it's not supercharged. It's on the to do list.

Stroker kits range from 1000 - 5000 dollars, just depends on where you get them from and how much performance gain you want out of it.

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
You do realise don't you that a stroker kit is not just something you get slapped together in a day or 2 at your average workshop right?

yes i am aware of the time it takes to put a stroker kit in.

i have nothing but time. i cant drive my car for another 2 months soo yeah. will have pleanty of time to do all this work

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
ive heard that a cold air intake puts on 8 kw on but not sure if you have to do more to get that power gain

lol........

if you're putting a CAI on because you think then you can say your car has (stock + 8) kw then good for you. With V6s it's not about power dude.. just modify them for efficiency / a laugh. Also the power gain depends on so many things man, I don't know who told you 8kw is the magic number but they're either just saying what their particular car made, which is useless info to you anyway, or they are just dribbling ****.

Sam

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Power increase with a cold air intake is all relative to the ambient temperature, and how long / at what temperature the motor has been running.

If your car is running hot because you've been thrashing it, and it's 5deg outside, then a front-bar cai is going to be doing a LOT for power. However if you just turned the car on, and it's a 30 degree day outside anyway, a cai isn't going to be doing much at all.

Just having a cai there doesn't give you magic power :)

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
hey, so whats the go with a performance aliminium radiator.
they worth a look, i think i saw some around the 300 dollars mark on ebay brand new?

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
hey, so whats the go with a performance aliminium radiator.
they worth a look, i think i saw some around the 300 dollars mark on ebay brand new?

waste of time if yours is working fine. No gains in having a shiney radiator, except street cred with the ricers.

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
waste of time if yours is working fine. No gains in having a shiney radiator, except street cred with the ricers.

Fair enough, mine runs fine its got a lil bit of damage to it (few dints here n there). but i wouldnt mind a shinny new radiator.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
Sorry guys not trying to take this off topic or anything but i removed the rear ressie on my VS Ute and well now it makes a great sound below 3500rpm that i love even if others don't because its only a V6 but how come it goes silent after like 3500-5500rpm? What causes this and whats the best investment a 2.5 Catback or Extractors?

Thanks
Matt

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
limited slip differential

has anyone got a good website or information on where to get a new or used LDS