Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Upgrade Questions?

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
Bump anyone? Please not trying to highjack thread just didnt think this small question was worthy of another thread.

Thanks Heaps
Matt
is it a auto or manual

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
What is so hard to understand about it lol. Is it a huge achievement knowing the difference between a V6 and V8?

so many people try to make their V6s sound good.. it's like nailing jelly to a tree, you can't do it. No matter how hard you try it's a losing battle.. making a 6 sound like an 8 cannot be done :) yet SOO many people seem to want to try.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VY SS 2003 - 6 Speed Manual
so many people try to make their V6s sound good.. it's like nailing jelly to a tree, you can't do it. No matter how hard you try it's a losing battle.. making a 6 sound like an 8 cannot be done :) yet SOO many people seem to want to try.

I would love to make my 6 sound and perform like an 8 but well its sorta missing 2 cylinders so it aint gonna happen :bang: What i can try to do though is make my 6 sound the best possible using the 6 available cylinders i have :thumbsup:

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
haha yep just don't diff dump it, or just open exhaust it, or make it stupid loud. Many people fall into these awful traps and just end up with a car that sounds like a long fart.

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha yep just don't diff dump it, or just open exhaust it, or make it stupid loud. Many people fall into these awful traps and just end up with a car that sounds like a long fart.

Hmm your a little late lol. My VS V6 Ute has been dumped and just has the single main muffler. When i can afford a decent cat-back and extractors i will definitely go for it but dumping the exhaust before the diff and leaving off the rear resonator is good for me for the time being as well as the price being cheap :thumbsup:

jokerflingo

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha fair enough. I just can't take dumped V6s seriously any more since owning a dumped 5L :D

I would have got a 5L V8 if i could of but in a VS Ute they almost impossible to find coupled with a 5 speed for sub 12k in good nick where as i picked up my VS V6 Ute 5 speed for 7k. Also at the time it seemed like a good move with petrol at $1.60 and i can only think that petrol is gonna stay at a dollarish for so long :cry:

P.S. I should add that my dad doesn't want to me to follow in his footsteps as when he was growing up he had a V8 Torana i believe and nearly killed himself many times out in the country so i presume he can only imagine what could happen if i were in the city with one. I guess i will try and earn his trust so that when i do buy a V8 he will actually support the move :thumbsup:

Dazza07

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Ute Olympic Edition
head lights

hey
would anyone be able to tell me if you are able to put a set of VT,VU,VX head lights on a VS commodore?