Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Personal Media Player

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Hi everyone,

I'm looking at adding a Personal Media Player to my VY SV8. Something like the Creative ZEN Portable Media Center or Iriver PMP140. Mainly for MP3 but it's also cool that they can play movies.
Anyway I've searched threads on here and can't find much. I was looking through the VZ section and read about the Genuine Holden Sat Nav http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/showthread.php?t=34896
and read ChrisJ fitted a Navman GPS in the area where the ash tray goes. Had to buy an external arial ($68) and a bezel from Holden ($80) to make it fit properly. Looks good fitted. The part number for the bezel is 92114770 and suits VZ model (probably VY also). The ash tray or storage compartment needs to be removed to fit the GPS screen in"

That got me thinking that would be a good place to mount the Personal Media Player or MP3 player. I plan on "hard wiring" it in using the mobile phone plug for power and getting the Aux input mod from Phreddy.

Has anyone done this before?
Also does anyone know if the bezel ChrisJ is talking about will actually fit the VY?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

ChrisJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V & VZ Storm Ute
The bezel suits both VZ and VY.

1Westie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy S2 SV8
Cheers ChrisJ.
Based on that I've just ordered the bezel and should get it on Wens. Apparently it's not a part Holden commonly stocked here in NZ. Kind of holds me back a day or two because I guess I'll have to make a fibreglass (or wood) adapter to fit the PMC which I can't do until I get the bezel but hey good things take time. But in the mean time I'm having fun playing with the Iriver PMC-120 media player on the weekend, which I'm going to install.

I'll post some photos of the finished product if there's enough interest.

Last edited: