Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Perth speed limits reduced

Reaction score
Members Ride
Audi A4 Quattro B8
Doesn't surprise me. This place is a nanny state.

Can't recall, but I think WA pedestrians have right of way on the road anywhere, be it a zebra crossing or not.

Personally I think people here should just learn that cars will hurt, and work around it like everywhere else. But that's just me.

Is that really confirmed? I'm pretty sure drivers have right of way.

/posted via mobile device\

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Is that really confirmed? I'm pretty sure drivers have right of way.

/posted via mobile device\

Can't speak for WA, but in Vic, the only place pedestrians DO NOT have right of way is at roundabouts. Everywhere else cars must give way, I am fairly sure this is a federal road act legislation.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Can't speak for WA, but in Vic, the only place pedestrians DO NOT have right of way is at roundabouts. Everywhere else cars must give way, I am fairly sure this is a federal road act legislation.

I think motorways are the same. But yeah. Pedestrians have right of way. As it should be too. Drivers should always be able to avoid pedestrians if they're aware of their surroundings and driving to the conditions. That doesn't mean you will always avoid them because there's always going to be twats that just step out into traffic.

Matty.b

VR with 56,000kms genuine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Typical, Nanny State Laws, im all for saving peoples lives but soon we wont be able to crap with out written expressed permission in triplicate from the Government, then have the EPA come and inspect before we flush that we wont endanger and plants or animals, then receive paper work which states you disposed of it properly which you must keep a record of for 30 years.

revolution any one?

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think motorways are the same. But yeah. Pedestrians have right of way. As it should be too. Drivers should always be able to avoid pedestrians if they're aware of their surroundings and driving to the conditions. That doesn't mean you will always avoid them because there's always going to be twats that just step out into traffic.

I disagree, a car on a road should always have right of way. A pedestrian can stop in an instant, a car cannot. Pede3strians should be banned from roads unless it is at a crossing. All intersections SHOULD have painted crossings in where pedestrians then always have the right of way. I know someone who put a man in a wheelchair for life. The man stepped out from in front of a van drunk. Guy couldnt even hit the breaks because of lack of notice, yet, he was found to be at fault.

MR.HG

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HG Brougham, VS Ute, VR SS
We had the Brisbane CBD brought down to the 40k speed limit about a year ago. Wouldn't make a difference cause with all the traffic and lights thats about as fast as you can go.

yea brisbane CBD is like a parking lot most days....especially around eagle street the speed limit could be 100 and you would still be only doin a top of 30-50 max

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
ehh big whoop.
I try to avoid the CBD at all costs nyway.
It's almost always a complete standstill anyway. Your probably crawling at 20kms normally nyway

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
It doesn't say anything about hoons.

It's all about pedestrian safety, and in the CBD I don't think it's a terrible idea, as long as they change the traffic light cycles to suit...

Sorry, i first seen the "news" on sunrise this morning and they were talking about hoons and etc, and also that they were going to be reducing it to 40km/h

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Sydney is 40 in CBD (Like you ever get that fast anyway) but residential is 50.