Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pet peeve

CALAIS94

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
calais
one of mine isnt about cars but i hate it when i go into mitre 10 or something, get help to find what im looking for, then when its found on my way to the counter they ask "so what do you need this for"? why else would i need a light globe.... that and when other workers come up asking what we are looking for... how many workers need to know wtf im buying.... sh1t that annoys me...

i hate that at supercheap when finding parts in there books,i usually scare them away by telling them i work in spare parts i think i know what i'm doing,half them are direct from maccas with no experience in a factory dealership.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
black wheels,slapped on black paint anywhere,morons starting a thread on this forum that has been covered millions of times,those who hang **** on others cars when there's is a stock pos,subwoofers they sound so ####ing stupid,window stickers especially those fern's (no one cares your a kiwi),southern cross stickers an seat covers(go stand in the centrelink line bogan),ceptors(go stand in the centrelink line bogan),euro fags who think the there European shitter is the best(euro bogans),ricers especially with giant exhaust's screams instant fag,my family stickers,bogans who say "#### the police" an call them scum.

So, a badly modified VZ SV6 is better than a stock VZ SS? Right...

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Mine are....
9. Seatbelt comforters - because you never know, the seatbelt my chafe its way through your carotid artery and cause all sorts of issues

For some people this actually is true. Elderly people, for instance can have their skin bruised easily. Some people have medical conditions where applying pressure to their skin can also cause bruising and pain. The comforter can spread out the pressure on their skin and help reduce this from happening. Even though I may only have people for whom this applies in my car once every blue moon if that, I still keep them in my car just as a basic courtesy to them for when they need it.

Anyway my pet peeves are

Altezza tail lights on Commodores.
20's on pre VS Commodores.
Ridiculous lowering of cars-even more so on a ute. Defeats the purpose.
Loud exhausts that have no note, rumble or anything-they are just noise.
Other than that yeah... Pretty much agree with everything said here. I cringe when I see lowered VS Commodores with "Fit in or duck off" "duck off, we're full" or "Aussie Pride" etc. I fear for society when I see Hyundai Excels with those chrome hubcaps. People leaving my car seatbelt twisted grates me no end-almost as much as people who slam doors when they get out of a car...

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Transformers badges seriously grow up. Driving home from the kids sports a couple of days ago my 6 year old said "hahaha look at this retard who thinks their crapbox is an autobot". If even a 6 year old thinks transformers badges are lame it says something about the losers taht put them on their cars.

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
1. Next doors vy ute exchaust.. 2. Black tinted windows... 3 ex taxis with cluster changes..4 People that slam there door into your car and dont even get a sorry. 5 Islanders neglecting brand new cars..6 Alltezzas..7 Newer kits on alder cars.8 Hids . 9 Cannons. 10 Chev badges.. 11 People that buy $2000 wheels and trash them coroded thilty buckled craked etc. 12 camrys overtaking with that catalic smell!! 13 any walls other than red or white. 14 bogan spec. 15 people who sit
A few mm's away from te steering wheel.. 16 bns utes. 17 ferral stickers. Ladies driveing 4x4s The list goes on and on and on

Last edited:

fuzzy2308

Reaction score
Members Ride
Plastic datsun
people sitting on steering wheels? i dont get it what is it?

RIP 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ sedan
i think he means too close to the steering wheel, like old grannys in their camry, that done see too well