Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol and Gas Throttle Response Issue

MKN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VE Omega 2008
Hi guys,

Just looking for some help with my MY09 Commodore Omega, ex-taxi with an LPG tank installed.

It's been forever my engine light has been on but I never could find the issue with it and it couldn't be cleared with the OBDII scan tool, I've had my airbag assembly be replaced due to an issue that made the airbag light turn on too but recently when driving on petrol the engine would shudder quite a bit and would not stop until I switched to LPG. Then it would run much much more smoothly (besides from the worn out suspension mounts, etc but that's a different story).

So I ran it on gas for a month or two, next thing you know after driving it on petrol when I ran out of gas for a while, throttle response to the petrol engine just gave up and since then, even after refilling petrol and gas, the petrol engine shudders even more, accelerates like it's choking constantly and giving me an approximate 15L/100km reading when I usually have around 12L. Gas now is still smooth, but only after choking to get any power even under full throttle, takes a few seconds before the gas actually seems to work to accelerate.

Has been taken to my local mechanic who says it's some sort of fuel injection computer related issue due to the aftermarket LPG tank installation and recommended me to visit this other guy who might know more about the issue. Visited him yesterday who said come in an hour but when I got there told me come back in another hour because he was busy, but work beckons so did not have time for it.

So yes, any input to my issue would be great. Solutions? Ideas? Workshops in the South/Eastern suburbs of Sydney?

pnlimo

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice L98
Being an ex taxi, it would probably have been rarely run on petrol, hence the petrol injectors are probably stuffed. Sydney LPG Conversion Centre in Marrickville, Tel 9519 9288, may be able to sort it out for you.