Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

petrol - hydrogen supplemented engines

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
watched a interesting news article this evening where a mechanic fitted a small hydrogen producing unit on a falcon. he's claiming 20%+ increase in economy. the unit used straight tap water, it then added the hydrogen gas into the intake before the TB.

claimed to have made the unit with a couple hundred dollars worth of parts avail from the local hardware store. after having read a few articles on the web this seems to be a genuine way to increase combustion efficiency, cleaner burning engine.

thoughts/comments please

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)
doesn't work

there's already another thread discussing this which is still active.

the concept is good, but you simply can not produce anywhere near enough hydrogen to get any positive effects to fuel consumption.

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)

Immortality

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
the news article i saw is not the one listed above. the one i saw did use tap water, they did a test with the modified falcon and a standard falcon over a 100km trip. didn't catch the figures because the kids were gasbagging big time unfortunatly

they also mention a gas reffered to as HHO which is supposidly different to hydrogen. (i never paid attention in my chemistry class at school lol)

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
the news article i saw is not the one listed above. the one i saw did use tap water, they did a test with the modified falcon and a standard falcon over a 100km trip. didn't catch the figures because the kids were gasbagging big time unfortunatly

they also mention a gas reffered to as HHO which is supposidly different to hydrogen. (i never paid attention in my chemistry class at school lol)

yes seen that on TT, but who's to say the other guy wasen't fanging it.
17L/100 on a hundred kay trip for a six???
i get 9 in my eight!!

TWOJZ

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL shagon ;)

the figures they claimed were 5 litres in the hydrogen car, and 21 litres in the standard car!!!

HAHAHA!!!

the video is linked to somewhere in the other thread.

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6