Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phone Line in House

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Hi,

So I've finally moved into my house and trying to get the internet.
So far we have got Telstra to run the cable from the road to the Telstra box outside.

My question is... what kind of cable do I use to run from the Telstra box to a Central Splitter and which cable I use from the Central Splitter to the Router?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If you're not a licensed cabler it's against the law to do it. Also, if you're asking those questions, and try to do it yourself, I wouldn't count on it being a great connection once you're done.

I paid $900 for a central splitter and full cabling throughout a house on two levels with a double data outlet in every room (phone and internet) as well as a patch panel in the study. Best money I spent on my house so far.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
If you're not a licensed cabler it's against the law to do it. Also, if you're asking those questions, and try to do it yourself, I wouldn't count on it being a great connection once you're done.

I paid $900 for a central splitter and full cabling throughout a house on two levels with a double data outlet in every room (phone and internet) as well as a patch panel in the study. Best money I spent on my house so far.

Wow thats a cost and a half lol.
I will get a licensed cabler to do it. I'm getting a C10 central splitter ($25 from EIW) and got a Billion 7800n Router. We just dont have a phone line at all in the house... when we built the house we got a phone conduit but we didn't realise they weren't running cable.

Reason I ask about cables is so that I can research and get the best cables I can get lol. Also so I can compare quotes. My house is a single story and I just want the cable to go from the Telstra Box into the Router (which is situated exacly above the Telstra box in the roof). I have network cables into the rooms required already.