Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Photos Police Unmarked Magna... Beware... Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
Hey guys this thread is about to become a slug-fest at each other so before it gets shut down ill get my two cents in:

the 17 y/o's do have some advantage to saying about the liscencing system because they are the most recent through it, and its changed heaps recently, at least in SA so unless some of the older people study the new liscencing system or are infact driving instructors themselves the 17 y/o's may hold the upper hand in that area (also a lot were saying that it needed to be harder yet they were getting back at them you're 17 wtf do you know?).

But im 20 as it shows and i have lost 7 demerit points off my liscence so i know i haven't always been a model driver but 3 demerit pts were a dodgy red light call when the intersection was totally crapped up with cops everywhere and crashed cars, but hey i dunno, 1 point for speeding but that was cos the speedo was out on the car, but the 3 for failure to give way which caused me to hit another car that really made me sit up and not over-rate my driving ability. Though it was a quite expensive exercise (wrote off dads work van) it makes you take a realistic look at driving ability (when youre on cloud 9 before from just being on your P's)

But anyway isn't this thread about the hidden cop cars for the cameras, personally i think that is revenue raising cos yeah people shouldn't be speeding, and i think if these cars were made blatently obvious you would get people slowing down, but i think drivers are just becoming less attuned to other people and just looking out for number one, but thats coming from a 20 y/o male who lives in SA the road rage state, and is about to move to mt gambier (the home of the feral driver)

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
Unmarked cars work because drivers only behave when they see a marked deterrent.

You gotta behave all the time, not just when you believe your gonna get caught for doing something dodgy.

Don't worry about what car is a cop car. Keep going and worry you don't end up in mine!
00008502.jpg

czerwonyVN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN 3.8 A4
Daniel Jaeschke said:
Hey guys this thread is about to become a slug-fest at each other so before it gets shut down ill get my two cents in:

the 17 y/o's do have some advantage to saying about the liscencing system because they are the most recent through it, and its changed heaps recently, at least in SA so unless some of the older people study the new liscencing system or are infact driving instructors themselves the 17 y/o's may hold the upper hand in that area (also a lot were saying that it needed to be harder yet they were getting back at them you're 17 wtf do you know?).
i like this guy.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
VT29C1 said:
Unmarked cars work because drivers only behave when they see a marked deterrent.

You gotta behave all the time, not just when you believe your gonna get caught for doing something dodgy.

Don't worry about what car is a cop car. Keep going and worry you don't end up in mine!

I reckon if some of these idiots were to take a ride in you ambo it might knock some sense into them. Maybe along with the fines and demerit points they should have to see the potential consequences of their behaviour. The other side of the fence is not pretty. U ambos and coppers have my respect, u have to deal with the stuff none of us want to think about on a daily basis.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
VT29C1 said:

00008502.jpg

yeah you speak sense too but there is never gonna be a decent medium

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Julie said:
I reckon if some of these idiots were to take a ride in you ambo it might knock some sense into them. Maybe along with the fines and demerit points they should have to see the potential consequences of their behaviour. The other side of the fence is not pretty. U ambos and coppers have my respect, u have to deal with the stuff none of us want to think about on a daily basis.
Here here! And driving past a fatal on my way home the other week was pretty sobering too.

R

rattattack1313

I live just near an Ambo Base...get to hear them at all times of the day/night...and I am less than 1 K from the freeway....get to hear Impacts, tooo...........every time I hear 1, I think.."Another car accident..."......my hat off to all the Ambos etc.......

holden#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S1 Executive V6
i'm not into slagging cops. they do a great job.
in some cases i have found them to be a little overzealous.
i did not start this thread so that everyone can join in slagging the cops.
we have speed limits, traffic laws as it would be chaos without them.
regarding speed limits, there has to be a boundary somewhere. even if the conditions are good, the road is straight, it may be safe to travel at 130kph or more (depending on car) but it would not be a good idea to let everyone have this discretionary power.
i.e, the Bruce Hwy in Qld four lane section between Caboolture & Cooroy is actually engineered to be travelled at speeds of 160kph.
the speed limit has been capped at 110kph to keep uniformity & to fit in with the type of cars we have here in aus. (not everone has BMW etc)
I STARTED THIS THREAD ONLY AS A MATTER OF INTEREST TO SEE IF ANYONE HAS PHOTOS OF UNMARKED COP CARS.
ever time you speed or disobey traffic laws you are gambling with your life and licence. in some cases, you may think the odds are ok. (out west or something), as long as your discretionary powers are good, well, it happens!!!

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
peoples in the beenleigh area watch out for a white toyota camry, got pulled over 20mins ago couldnt believe they were in a camry!? said he pulled me over for a random breath test! i was going grany style past maccas on a monday morning? was it really nesicary?

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
87rb30devil said:
peoples in the beenleigh area watch out for a white toyota camry, got pulled over 20mins ago couldnt believe they were in a camry!? said he pulled me over for a random breath test! i was going grany style past maccas on a monday morning? was it really nesicary?

oh no, not a white camry!!!!!

i'm not going to even try to guess how many white camrys are on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.