Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

piant bleeds in rear lights!

danflood

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
ahh help...
got some free lights from a guy off here for my
comm v4 ex
they had faded red in the reflexor section...

so i tried POURING special glass paint thru a rear hole in the light unit
hoping it would pour over the red reflextion section
but it went all over the WHITE AREA - see picture!

OH NO HELP!?
can these lights be opened up or does the plastic split etc?
what do i do!?
how do i make the red reflexor RED?

dan in
ascot vale :bang:

danflood

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
picture of the bloody problem

Picture of me bleeding lights....
lights.jpg

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
leave it like that, ur car is unique, it bleeds

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Firstly you should have got glass spray paint, available from bunnings, and just put some tape over the indicators and painted the outside. It looks really good and theres no mess. I dont know how you managed to do what you did but chances are your lights are gone. I have had a bit of a look and i would bet theres a high strength bonding glue which has probably 'melted' the two pieces of plastic together, meaning you will crack and damage them if you try to open them up. Never-the-less I would give it a go, hey you got them for free anyway. If not just head down to the wreakers and get yourself a new set.

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
Firstly you should have got glass spray paint, available from bunnings, and just put some tape over the indicators and painted the outside. It looks really good and theres no mess. I dont know how you managed to do what you did but chances are your lights are gone. I have had a bit of a look and i would bet theres a high strength bonding glue which has probably 'melted' the two pieces of plastic together, meaning you will crack and damage them if you try to open them up. Never-the-less I would give it a go, hey you got them for free anyway. If not just head down to the wreakers and get yourself a new set.

I totally agree the resin has heated up and melted and there's nothing you can and as was said you got it for free anyway and now you have the only car with
" STIGMATA "

danflood

cruising
Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
ah thanks for ur replies - yes i just painted the OUTSIDE of the reflexors with glass paint and it looks good as new!

how easy - thank you - now i just got bloody lights on my rear for ever - oh well....

BOLT MISSING?
another problem - the plastic lights need 3 bolts to connect the unit to the metal car - but one bolt is missing and holden spare parts says i can;t buy the bolt from them seperately
- anyone know where i may find such a bolt?
- or else i was thinkin of just using wire n wire the light tight to the car?

anyone who can help - ill do a strick drive down chapel st late sat nit in front of all the car hoons

dan, mr commadore

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Bud just go down to the wreakers and grab what you need.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
or you could take one of the bolts to a fastner joint and they will probably be able to get you a new one