Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics/stories Of Peoples Projects Gone Wrong!!!!!!!

CANYONERO

Likes Cheese...
Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 6spd wif MOMO leavaa.
had a guy ring me up at work, wanting spark plugs for his prestige diesel car... so tempted to sell him a set lol.

justin35

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 berlina
Mate of mine many years ago built an old 202,,wanted everything big,,3/4 race cam,yella terra head,350 holley,extractors.STANDARD BORE,,STOCK TROR MATIC TRANS,, not a good combination blew 3 tranys and was gutless as,and did it chew some fuel..wasted a lot of money and got nowhere...did try to tell him..

Super_Low 91

┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 VR
My 1st car was a r31 skyline, a mate spotted some extractors at the wreckers so i thought hey i could fit them.. So i got then that weekend we went to fit em, an snapped just about every stud clean off, tried using some easy outs an snapped them to, so gave up,, Later on sold the car an then brought my current car. Dont think i will be fitting extractors again any time soon.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
2 stuff ups one mine 1 not...

1. being a mower mechanic in my time i had a blower vac and a chainsaw from an x contractor and a mechanic i knew wanted em but didnt have any cash i said $100 bucks each.. then i suggested "well my car needs the timing done and i wanna do my gf's as well to be safe (mine 98 excel with 120,000)(hers 92 laser with 240'000) he said fair trade those are easy jobs so i brought all the parts at repco gave em to him with my car he did mine no dramas ran fine next day did the gf's went to drive it home and it f'ed up bad.. towed it back (300 metres -.-) turns out he forgot to do up the cam pulley and it slipped a couple teeth bent a valve and also caused it to go through the piston (apparently) so we ended up getting a "reconditioned" motor fitted.. most expensive blower he ever bought haha.

2. same kinda problem but i did it after i rebuilt my pagero full job new everything except crank and block.. was never told that you need to replace the $8 harmonic balance bolt on them so it drove fine for about 3 days then stripped out cost me $100 for a new timing gear(it stayed on but needed to be broken to get the sheered keyway off) and a $260 harmonic balancer all up a stupid $368 mistake =(

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
.......DUDE! What do you do when something actually bad happens to you. Violence against cars, australia say's NO

if its something u cant repair or something thats not working then yes i also say no to violence against cars cause its the mechanic not the machine but when it decides it wants to hurt u then man over machine all the way and plus its a commodore man come on, roll one off a cliff go get another one there like lollies, unless u spend a **** load of money on it then yeah again no to violence against cars haha but if its just a two bob commodore...??? like i have a '78 hx ute im restoring and its cut me up scratched me bruised me the works burger but i would never lay a hand on it unless its to repair or make it better in some way... but there commodores hahaha

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I thought i'd try to save money and respray my front bar myself. Super **** spray gun, combined with a metallic acrylic.

Did all the prep work no problems, sprayed the top coat and it sprayed dry. I decided to rub it back and try again tommorrow with more thinner. This was in the middle of summer and when i opened the can of thinner it exploded all over my head, burning my eyes, nostrils and scalp. I ran like a Ninja to the tap. Jeez it hurt.

STEEV888

Reaction score
Members Ride
'95 200sx.
This was in the middle of summer and when i opened the can of thinner it exploded all over my head, burning my eyes, nostrils and scalp. I ran like a Ninja to the tap. Jeez it hurt.

i feel your pain on this one.. when was younger and at work with dad i got something in my eye and wanted to wash it out. so i went to the tap turned it on and opened my eyes.. little did i know that it was a tapped 20 litre drum of thinners i couldnt see for about 3 days and had to wear eye patches then sunnies for another 2 weeks or so.. so embarrassing and painful.

VS 666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS acclaim
My first car was an 88 telstar... it had a bad paint spot on the bonnet (hottest area) so i asked a mate to pick my up some silver spray paint and to help me spray it...

so he opened the can shook it up and i lit a smoke and took a few steps back (i was worried id catch fire due to a bad lynx effect incident the previous weekend) he wasnt wearing a mask so he sprayed blindly... with his head turned away...

Turns out silver spray paint is found by reading the can... not just by going by the silver colour of the can itself...
I have a nice baby blue patch on my silver bonnet

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
So a few years ago now, mate and I are replacing the head gasket on his celica gt-four. Got the engine all back together and jumped in and started it - the oil light stayed on. Turns out we had put the head gasket on upside down, it was perfectly symmetrical, except for the oil feed hole. Good thing he had poured oil over the cams before we started it - or that could have turned into a very expensive mistake.

Dti-dan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 175kw 3.6
When I was 17 my nan gave me her 84 bluebird wagon, it was mint
Only thing was it was auto. A friend of a friend had a smashed trx that was manual. Cash exchanged and I was on my way with everything for a conversion. The following weekend me and 2 mates set about the task. Everything went like a dream till I turned the key and it made a grinding sound. My dad came home from work looked at the parts on the ground and asked "was there a spacer on the auto fly wheel?" turns out I had put the spacer back in which made the manual fly wheel sit out too far and when the starter motor went to engage the fly wheel it touched the very edge of the ring gear.
Problem was resolved the following day lol