Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pin code for my stereo not supplied

lockmac

Reaction score
Hi.
I bought a new blaupunkt headunit for my VY and the person told me they would send me the PIN code but they havn't. They are also refusing the reply to my emails.

What can I do? Is it possible to get the serial from holden/blaupunkt?
Is it an expensive paper weight now?

What about eBay wise? Negative feedback will not really do much..

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
Try Holden, you dont have a lot to lose do you.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hi.
I bought a new blaupunkt headunit for my VY and the person told me they would send me the PIN code but they havn't. They are also refusing the reply to my emails.

What can I do? Is it possible to get the serial from holden/blaupunkt?
Is it an expensive paper weight now?

What about eBay wise? Negative feedback will not really do much..

Any advice appreciated.

Cheers

There's a good chance the head unit is stolen. I would certainly say this is the case as the nit-wit won't do the decent thing by you. My brother had exactly the same experience with an e-bay head unit and it turned out to be stolen.

Contact E-bay to see how you stand under their insurance policy - they do have a refund system in place for proven bad deals that meet their guidelines and this could be such an occurrence. It's certainly worth a try. You could also contact the police, although serial nos. of the factory units are seldom recorded by owners., to see if this unit is recorded as stolen.

puca

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt
just install the radio into your car and go to a holden dealer tell them you bought the car changed battery and its asking for a code if the tech is half decent (in the country areas they are) he will connect his hand held unit to the car and get the code from the radio

lockmac

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys.
I dodged a bullet with this one- the guy ended up contacting me. Was hoping I hadn't purchased a rather expensive paperweight!

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Holden can find out anyway, cost of $27.50. (Or less if they arn't Jerks)

All they need is the VIN of the car it's going into, and the serial of the Blaupunkt.