Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pioneer bargain

Aero86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL commo, Vx Commo, AP6 Val
*sighs* . . .

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I dont think it will to be honest.....much better off getting a decent set of 6.5" splits and run them off an amp with 100wrms+ per channel.
When you consider the cost and time needed to build a set of custom pods to suit 6x9s, it will be easier (and cheaper) to upgrade the current splits. The Jaycars (i assume theyre Jaycars?) are a nice set, but for $300-$400 you could get better results with splits.

By all means, go for it.....obviously its your car and you can do whatever you want, this is just my opinion ;)

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
well the car has some front 6x6s with splits that sly put in before i bought the car from him, they are allright but the back speakers are caning them. u reckon plugging front speakers and splits into my amp would help them out? they are just straight into head unit, got a 400w pioneer amp in the boot thats only powering my subwoofer

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
So youve got 6" splits (woofers in the doors and tweeters?) in the front running off the head-unit?

I would imagine the 400w Pioneer amp is a 2ch. So it will be bridged to run the sub, this means you wont be able to power the front speakers as well. Powering them off an amp will make a huge difference to how they sound. In my opinion your much better off buying a second amplifier to power the splits, or use the existing 400w amplifier to power the splits and buy a better amp to run the sub.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
A pair of RCA splitters solves that. Turn one pair of RCAs into two pairs.

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
head unit only has one rca out which is subwoofer. u reckon run a wire to the back for front left and right out puts, amp it and plug front speakers into amp?

holdenboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
What brand / model head-unit do you have?

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
no idea model will have to check when i get back from work. all i remember pioneer 400w model 4channel about 7 years old still kicks ass