Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer FH-X775BT speaker and aerial question

dmoto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais 5.7l V8
I'm thinking of buying a Pioneer double-din head unit to replace the old maestro one in my VXII Calais. It has a 4 channel amp (50w per channel). When it's installed exactly which channel would power which speakers? One each for the 4 door speakers and one each for the 2 parcel shelf speakers or something different? Also would this unit raise and lower the aerial? Cheers

Last edited:

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
its not a real amp. its 50w peak, not 50w rms

not a real amp? so the headunit uses magic to produce sound?

of course its a real amp, its just a low power internal amp like all headunits.

yes, it is 50w max per channel, usually around 15-20w rms.

the front channels will run your front 2 door speakers, the rear channels will run the back door speakers, and supply signal to the factory amp for the rear shelf speakers(unless your car is running aftermarket shelf speakers, in which case it will be running those from the rear channels aswell)

the pioneer "antenna" wire is powered whenever the headunit is on, not jsut with "radio". most people have a switch run to allow you to put the antenna down whenever you like

dmoto

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais 5.7l V8
not a real amp? so the headunit uses magic to produce sound?

of course its a real amp, its just a low power internal amp like all headunits.

yes, it is 50w max per channel, usually around 15-20w rms.

the front channels will run your front 2 door speakers, the rear channels will run the back door speakers, and supply signal to the factory amp for the rear shelf speakers(unless your car is running aftermarket shelf speakers, in which case it will be running those from the rear channels aswell)

the pioneer "antenna" wire is powered whenever the headunit is on, not jsut with "radio". most people have a switch run to allow you to put the antenna down whenever you like

Thanks. Where is the "factory amp" for the parcel shelf speakers? Any idea what it is rated in watts rms? Do you know if any other similar double-din head units only operate when the radio is selected?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
antenna operation is pretty much standard and has been for many years, my first HU with a trigger wire was bought in the mid 90's.

when you install it just grab some Aeropro harnesses to hook the whole dealie up.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
passenger side of the boot, behind the trims from memory.

most brand names will have a separate antenna trigger wire, but pioneer are lazy and dont. some sonys dont either from memory.

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vx commofore
Did you hook a subwoofer up I have the same unit in mine n for some odd reason the woofer isn't working correctly n somehow my rear parcel shelf speakers are acting as woofer since amp was hooked up to the woofer n I hve connected n reconnected the amp in every way possible n it desnt change