Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pioneer no sound

rodge26

Reaction score
my pioneer deh-5650 mp3 deck turns on and everything but no sound comes out the speakers and i can find the problem, i recently installed new speaker but i disconnected them and still no sound, waht could be the problem

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Hmmm, I don't know too much about this sorta stuff. But I would check all the connections you played with, try and remember which goes with which. If all else fails go to Autobarn or somthing and ask them.

rodge26

Reaction score
no sound comes from any speaker and there all connected

R

rattattack1313

hmm....

hmmmm sure u have the speaker wires the right way???? some stereos work ona loop , with a common earth..but most have an earth for each speaker....did you know that you have to wire your speakers the right way??as in positive/negative?? if crossed, they don't work properly.......

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
yea iv got that headunit but the one be4 it with no probs but wat your can do is

1.make sure the treble/bass and all them ar turn up.
2.make sure its earth'd
3.all wires ar connected
4.and if you dont know how to do these take it back to where u got it installed.

(also with pioneer u will find that the cheap bums they ar, dont have a switch so the aerial goes down when you put in a CD. hence you will be driven with your aerial up all the time)

hope it works soon

rodge26

Reaction score
i think i fried something inside it, cause when i pushed the deck backin it fried one of my car fuses, when i replace it, no sound, so i take it to get fixed

R

rattattack1313

head unit....

hey rodge...... glad you sorted it...... but its cheaper to dissconnect the battery :yeah: before playing with wiring /radio decks............

redvpsenator

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp senator & VS Ute
Hi, if the speakers are not wired the same it will only put them out of phase, wont hurt anything.Better to be in phase but I have met people who prefer them this way,don't know why though. Look at the back of the set some have a fuse there or else if there is an inline fuse on the positive wire to the set.Also check you have an earth connection.Check your fuses under the steering wheel also.good luck

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
Yep you have probably blown the outputs on the deck , it doesn't take much, one of your speaker wires might be shorted, that is either touching the body of the car, make sure the speaker terminals are clear of bodywork or pinched under a screw or bolt, you need to make sure they are all ok before putting the deck back in or it will blow again straight away

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Disconnect all your speakers and have the deck on , plug in 1 at a time and if the deck cuts out when you plug in a speaker then that speaker is more than likely faulty or the wiring is bad.