Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pioneer TSWX11A 150 watt amplified subwoofer - has anyone used it?

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
Hi, interested in hearing from anyone who has used a Pioneer TSWX11A 150 watt amplified subwoofer or similar product. pioneer amplified subwoofers

This can probably fit under the front passenger seat :thumbsup:

Boot space is extremely important to me so can't put anything there, so regular subs are out :(

I am ONLY looking for a 10-15% increase in base as the upgraded door speakers in my car already provide very decent sound...just need marginally more punch!

Cheers

Attachments

• pioneer TSWX11A.jpg
    pioneer TSWX11A.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 796
Last edited:

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
..... BUMP....

anyone?

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
I havent used this particular one but used others......in my opinion they arent too bad, considering youre only after a marginal increase in bass it is an option.

Also depending on your speakers fitted you could look into an aftermarket amplifier to increase their bass output?

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
Also depending on your speakers fitted you could look into an aftermarket amplifier to increase their bass output?

Thanks mate. Currently, the door speakers don't like too much base (a.k.a. some songs on high volume 35+) as they distort, so hoping to put in this amp+subwoofer to take some of the load :)

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
Thanks mate. Currently, the door speakers don't like too much base (a.k.a. some songs on high volume 35+) as they distort, so hoping to put in this amp+subwoofer to take some of the load :)

What Holdenboy is saying is if your running aftermarket speakers off your headunit, they wont be working to there full potential.
A while back for my VN wagon i bought one of those $150 kits from JB HiFi (headunit and 6" speakers)
Went home, installed it and was MUCH better than my stock setup, but anything semi loud and the speakers would jsut distort from the bass.

Then i went out and got an MTX amplifier to amplify the front speakers, and you can pump them up so much louder and get so much more bass outta them.

So what i would try is to get a 2 or 4 chan amp and amplify your speakers

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
Then i went out and got an MTX amplifier to amplify the front speakers, and you can pump them up so much louder and get so much more bass outta them.

So what i would try is to get a 2 or 4 chan amp and amplify your speakers

hmmm...so they would distort running off the head unit at high volume but perform much better on mid-high volume with an amp?

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Basically any speaker, whether it be a coaxial, splits system ect, is going to distort when it recieves too much bass, because put plainly, they are not designed to reproduce low bass frequencies. The only way to lessen the load as you decribed it, on your front speakers, it to run them through a HPF(high pass filter) This will cut certain frequencies below a set point. be it, 60hz, 80hz, ect. Let the sub produce the low frequencies, being as that is what their designed for, and you may find then you might not even have to amplify your front speakers, on a HPF they will play much louder, with less distortion.

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
cool...I already have the RCA input mod done by Phreddy...so will try the HPF now. thanks!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Oh your using the standard head unit? Then it wont have a HPF option onfortunately.

EQUIPED

AM VZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Equipe 2005
yeah am using the OEM blaupunkt 6 disc stacker :( Will probably try an amp and see how the speakers handle it.