Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pirelli p6000 tyre

Crabito

Reaction score
Website
s4.invisionfree.com
Members Ride
VE SS 2009 V8
Has anybody here tried pirelli p6000 tyres here on there commodore ?
I dont have much money to spend atm and need tyres
and I dont know what there like
Is pirelli a good tyre brand ?

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
If you dont have much money steer clear of the pirelli tyre brand. And yes awsome tyre on my girls car. Good in the wet for her vs but she dont slide / burn them and from what i have heard they last a long time too but we only just put them on about 6mths ago.

Life: 3.5 out of 5
Handling: 3 out of 5
Noise: 3 out of 5

is the rating from this site:
http://www.blackcircles.com/tyres/pirellitest

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
they are a good brand and p6000's are a decent tyre but u can get a tyre with similar traits for cheaper.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I always run the cheapest - currently Chinese made Westlake - at $79 each fitted and balanced they are as cheap as you can go. But they stand up to Queensland summers, are guaranteed, wear well and perform as good as the previous Bridgestones. You'll probably find the Pirellis are made in China - some Michelins are. Horses for courses.

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
posi's are also good at $79 buck per tyre i had them on my vn, excellent milage but grip was a little crap but it just made it more fun:D

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
I have Pirelli P6000's on my wagon, they are an excellent tyre in the wet and the dry.

I have had them on for 16,000kms / 12 months and they have worn very little.

I paid $440 for a set of 4 fitted, balanced and a wheel alignment at Jax's.

They are curently on special at Jaxs for $111 per tyre and they have outlets in Newcastle.

Last edited:

andyli

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executives
how about Nankang, they said it is pretty good of their sports tyre like xr 611, I would not mind get some good second hand one and put them on the rear.

97 SEN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV SENATOR
posi's are also good at $79 buck per tyre i had them on my vn, excellent milage but grip was a little crap but it just made it more fun:D

You don't mean positractions do you. Good? i never thought i'ld here that. I honestly think they should be illegal. I had them on my vn when i first got my license and they were the worst tire i've ever driven on in the wet. i remember quiet a few occasions trying to pull out of the train station in the rain on a steep hill and just not being able to get it going forward. taking of slowly in the rain on the flat was alright until you hit the white line then they would spin. But please note they were on my vn when i bought it so they could have been on there for years going hard for all i know. And they never wore out.

p6000 were a great tire on my v6 vs, i had a lady run into the back of a stationery car in the pouring down rain on the way to work one morning i never thought i would stop in time and i don't know how i didn't lock it up but i manage to stop about a foot of the back of her. I had my car already booked in for new tires that weekend coming as mine were just about worn out, so what i lost with faster tire wear and dearer to start with i saved by avoiding that accident. i got about 40 000ks out of them my parents bought some after that and also only got 40 000ks out of them they usually get more like 60 000 out of there tires. when they first got the tires they went for a trip down to s.a. from qld about 6500ks in total in there vs wagon full of gear and they had real noticable wear on the rear tires when they got back. so i guess there not good for that.

but thats just my opinion