Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Planned Supercharger for SV6

Discussion in 'V6 Development And Modification' started by Jimmy SV6, Jan 14, 2010.

1. Jimmy SV6

Jimmy SV6 Colours Wow, Now It Glows

Members Ride:
    [Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
    Hi guys,

i am currently a Red P Plater going to my Greens P's shortly and an owner of a Vz 05 SV6, now you think that i am a P plater i am young, but accutally i am 25 was abit of a late bloomer to get my license :bomb:

anyways long story short, :blah blah:

i wanna know what i should do about getting the most power out of a SV6 engine before getting a supercharger,also what i would need to strengthen the engine so the engine can handle the power. :help:

i am going to start saving for a supercharger from march.:yeah:

2. Turd Ferguson

Turd Ferguson Donating Member

Members Ride:
    Disco
    a tune, cai, exhaust etc etc in terms of the supercharger the engine should be able to handle a few psi fine without any need for strengthening internals

3. GOTMYN

GOTMYN Stab it and Steer...

Members Ride:
    Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
  4. monaro327

monaro327 New Member

Members Ride:
    VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
    go the proflowfab turbo kit man shits all over the fan blower crap, would have much much more usable power.

5. Jimmy SV6

Jimmy SV6 Colours Wow, Now It Glows

Members Ride:
    [Black] 05 VZ SV6 [Auto]
    ok thats fair enough, cause i wouldnt wanna spend on that money getting it done, then to find out i gotta spend more money on it too get fix it properly i guess. to make it more stable so to speak.

6. 1989mitty

1989mitty New Member

Members Ride:
    VE sv6 ute
    Do it once mate.
    Get a larger side exhaust 2.5 inch dual system when you finaly get a charger you wont be restricked bye your system.

Extractors hi-flow cats, CAI you wont need later down the track but good to get one for now and a tune.

Cpr6 manifold is a 15rwkw bolt on mod even more with a tune and they are suited more so to PSI applications with large open manifold

Maybe even get your cams reground with a bit more lift and duration to suit the blower but its costly to take out and reinstall.

All these things now will make a awesome 12 psi system down the track, if you dont want to front up cash all at once get some 440 injectors and maybe a surge tank and bosch 044 fuel pump now and have jsut have the injectors running low duty cycle and bump it up when the blowers on.

Pretty sure alloytecs are running 90% duty cycle stock tuned so they would need to be changed with any major performance applications

7. nick_

nick_ Member

Members Ride:
    VY II V6
    Speak to George at proflow...