Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Planning on charging the SS crewman

GUS009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Crewman
Okay so im planning on throwing a c.a.p.a powerdyne blower on my ls1 crewman. she is pretty much standard at the moment except for sports pipe, clutch and fly upgrade.. now to prepare my baby im thinking extractors injectors and maybe ls6 intake manifold first, not overly sure that these mods are going to help the most or are the most cost effective approach so ive turned to your experience for advice..

Cheers Gussey,

sam5l

australias driving future
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5L / vn spak buick powered
prob better off posting in the lsx section

96SEN8R

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS and VS Senator 215i
To start with mate, if you have a vy, then you already have an ls6 manifold. The ls1 manifold was only on the the vt's. Id say before you start looking at blower, you would be better off getting the rest of your exhaust soughted like you have said with 4 into 1s and 100cpsi cats. What cat back are you running? Then go for an otr and tune and see how you like that before you go spending money on blowers. The powerdynes dont make much power at all. Vortech kits are better, but if you really want to get moving, gm motorsport do drive in and out procharger kits for just under 11 grand which is way better value for money. That is your best bet. Until then, dont worry about touching your injectors as they will be fine upto 300rwkw+

GUS009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Crewman
yeah mate you do make a good point, ill probably go with a cheap vortech kit then because im only on a apprentice wage so 5 or 6 is about as much as i wanna spend on the blower kit its self, but i think i will just keep plodding doing those sort of mods and see how i feel once they are done.

cheers

alian

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SS Crewman
yeah mate you do make a good point, ill probably go with a cheap vortech kit then because im only on a apprentice wage so 5 or 6 is about as much as i wanna spend on the blower kit its self, but i think i will just keep plodding doing those sort of mods and see how i feel once they are done.

cheers

Dont forget to upgrade you fuel system. You will need to atleast replace you std fuel pump with a walbro pump in your tank. I am about to do that this weekend coming soI could let you know how I go if you like. I actualy ended up on this forum looking for a how to remove the rear tub.Hope that helps.
Cheers Ian

GUS009

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II SS Crewman
Dont forget to upgrade you fuel system. You will need to atleast replace you std fuel pump with a walbro pump in your tank. I am about to do that this weekend coming soI could let you know how I go if you like. I actualy ended up on this forum looking for a how to remove the rear tub.Hope that helps.
Cheers Ian

yeah thanks mate definitely let me know how you go, feel free to post a how-to aswell if you can be bothered :)

ryno_vrx

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV enhanced Berlina