Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Plastic packet things for P plates

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Hey all,

I know NSW P platers have to have their plates on the outside of the car, i've seen you can do it with stupid rails or whatever behind your license plate, but i know people get a plastic pocket and shove it behind their plate or drill it to it

WHERE CAN YOU GET THIS DAMN PLATE?!

I keep getting told Kmart but they don't have them. Either does Supercheap or Repco.

Obviously it's just a plastic pocket that opens, put your p plate in, close it then put a screw through it and through the number plate.

Sounds like a stupid question, but when i tint my windows i'll be smart and put them on the outside of the car.

Escape-The-Fate

HSV, i just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, M6
no idea man..i just bought them solid plastic ones with a hole in each corner and zippy tied 2 corners to the right hand side of the number plate.

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
same thing here. windows tinted. so its on the outside.
go to supercheap or so. and get the p plate holders. these are the metal ones.
make sure they face the way you want. eg a ute at the back you want it going to the right of the numberplate.

general p plates arent 100% the right size but you can put the rubber you hold flywire screen doors in with.
ive got this and i can get the plate on and off within seconds. and holds well.

also have you thought about magnetic plates?
these might be easier and cheaper =P

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
Apparantly they stopped making them becuase there were to many complaints about them scratching the customers cars. And the magnetic one's sometimes fly off or the paint can fade around them. So there isnt much you can do unless you atatch it to the number plate or something like that

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
as skid says they can scratch your car. but a bit of bluetack in possible scratch points will solve problems.

number plate p plate holders are what i ment before. they are metal and attach to the number plate directly.
use something to pack out the plate and it holds well.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
as skid says they can scratch your car. but a bit of bluetack in possible scratch points will solve problems.

Unfortunatly people are stupid and don't realise that, then come back and whinge it scratched their paint... wankers

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
As for the magnetic Plates, No thanks, i don't want to take them off everytime i finish driving so they don't get stuck and make marks.

As for the plastic plates, i was well aware about the scratches they would make, i would just stick a little sheet of bubble wrap or something around the back, anything that's got a soft texture.. Not too hard.

@ escape the fate: What exactly are you talking about?