Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastidip VE Redline mag wheels

OllieTwo

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Ute
Looks the goods mate. How much prep was involved? Just a clean of the wheels and that's it or a bit more involved?

I'm thinking of doing my sports bars on the ute... :yeah:

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I'm going to say he jacked his car up, took the wheels off and now the springs haven't settled. Relax guys, I'm sure it sits lower than that!

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Looks heaps better with the black plastidip

Sits higher then mine though lol, needs a little drop and it'll look really good.

Edit: mateeeee those fog lights sticking out of the grill, whyyyy haha

no point going lower, it already rubs over speed humps, yes, they are LED spotties, i do a lot of country driving at night and will be driving across the Nullabor next week and while i also have a shuroo i think the best thing you can have to prevent roo strikes (and camel,wombats,horse) is a decent set of spottie. I keep them in my boot and they take 5 minutes to take off and put on.

Attachments

• DSC_0127.jpg
    DSC_0127.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 1,756

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
no point going lower, it already rubs over speed humps, yes, they are LED spotties, i do a lot of country driving at night and will be driving across the Nullabor next week and while i also have a shuroo i think the best thing you can have to prevent roo strikes (and camel,wombats,horse) is a decent set of spottie. I keep them in my boot and they take 5 minutes to take off and put on.

try hitting those speed bumps a bit slower, its not a race track!!

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Looks the goods mate. How much prep was involved? Just a clean of the wheels and that's it or a bit more involved?

I'm thinking of doing my sports bars on the ute... :yeah:

yes, i just used grease and wax remover then cleaned the wheels with windex. time will tell how long it will last. thinking of spraying them with Glow Plastidip for New Years Eve or for that must do social even here, the Esperance Christmas Pagent.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
$25 a can, took under 4 cans. It actually came up ok, I got a crappy motor bike for work commutes so I will paint that next with it. They say you can do whole cars with it, if I had a cheaper car I would but won't risk the paint job with this one.

if you watch some of the videos of plastidip it actually peels off without damaging the existing paint (when its sprayed correctly with the right amount of layers)

never used it myself but with rims its a quick and easy way to change the appearance of a car cheaply that you can always go back to the factory look.

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
try hitting those speed bumps a bit slower, its not a race track!!

Well durrrr, I never thought of that, my god your a genius you must have gone to big kid school. I will start doing that in future thanks for the advice.

Later on: I did try that yet it still hits them speed humps at my work.

*its not whose racetrack? It may not be yours but it is mine. Calling me a hoon is like calling me a redneck, yes I'm both, I'm a rednecked hoon. Im also racist and sexist not to mention Homoalegenic.

Last edited:

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
On a lighter note, now I think I will invest in some black mags when the dip wears off, too much of a hassle cleaning Crome wheels.

Aussie Willy

Coal Miner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline 2012
its the mud flaps that rub, btw do you realy need a locking wheel nut on factory plastidiped wheels, I ####ing doubt it.