Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plastidip VE Redline mag wheels

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
Well durrrr, I never thought of that, my god your a genius you must have gone to big kid school. I will start doing that in future thanks for the advice.

Later on: I did try that yet it still hits them speed humps at my work.

*its not whose racetrack? It may not be yours but it is mine. Calling me a hoon is like calling me a redneck, yes I'm both, I'm a rednecked hoon. Im also racist and sexist not to mention Homoalegenic.

picard-facepalm.jpg
images
images
images
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
its the mud flaps that rub, btw do you realy need a locking wheel nut on factory plastidiped wheels, I ####ing doubt it.

Let me see, locking nut free,Bridgestone Protenzas tyres $530 each, that a $2120 replacement cost just for tyres...mmmmm.......what do you recon?

Do you have a lock on your front door of your home, why? How many house breakers break in through the front door so is it really necessary?

Congrats for the dumbest post so far. Almost as dumb as the ones that question how high the front is but can't look at the original photo.

Mud guards made of rubber, rubbing noise metallic and comes before my rear wheels touch speed hump, tell me Einstein why would rubber mud flaps make a metalic rubbing noise?

Last edited:

Straya!

Reaction score
Members Ride
1987 VL Brock Director
This thread.....so much wow.

Todd

Reaction score
I had both right hand factory 18's flogged of my ute. Std Replacements were about 2 1/2 grand. Lock nuts on my fact wheels willy.
How do you mount the spotties Waz....Number plate bolts?.

ProbablyRaging

Drop Bass, Not Bombs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vroom Vroom Car
ive just tried Plastidip on my mags, just for something different for a while. Has anyone ever tried it over painted panels

Have a look at my ride thread. I did my roof in matte black. Worked fine, I didnt like it though so I pulled it off. Didnt damage the paint, if anything it kept it clean and protected it really. Also after 4-5 days of having it on I pulled it off and my roof seemed to shine more the normal, kind of like it cleaned it really well.

Oh yea, btw, if you haven't noticed already, this forum is full of lots of try hard "dooods" who think they know all, and if you doubt anything you say there whole posse will rape the thread with useless brainless posts. BUT, most other people are quite nice and actually like to help instead of fill the forum with junk. Just a heads up haha

Personally, id put locknuts on my stockers, if I thought someone would actually try stealing them! Locknuts for the win!

Manwhore

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS sedan manual
Mate that looks good gunna do mine the same. The black plastic on the bottom of your bumper what is that i like it also?
Cheers

WazzaV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Redline
Mate that looks good gunna do mine the same. The black plastic on the bottom of your bumper what is that i like it also?
Cheers

Part is a accessories from Holdens, I think they call it Body Armour or Gutter Armour, or something similar, it protects the front bumper from the kerb when pulling into parks. The other bit I used Vinyl Wrap to blacken it out around the bottom grille but will now do it again with Plastidip I have left over.

Oh yea, btw, if you haven't noticed already, this forum is full of lots of try hard "dooods" who think they know all, and if you doubt anything you say there whole posse will rape the thread with useless brainless posts. BUT, most other people are quite nice and actually like to help instead of fill the forum with junk. Just a heads up haha

Personally, id put locknuts on my stockers, if I thought someone would actually try stealing them! Locknuts for the win!

Yep, it was a wank comment about lock nuts, why do I have them, because if you don't bolt something down it will get nicked and who wants to rock up and see their wheels gone, the mags are cheap to replace its the tyres that cost a lot plus the headf..k of sourcing new ones while your cars sitting on bricks.

I had both right hand factory 18's flogged of my ute. Std Replacements were about 2 1/2 grand. Lock nuts on my fact wheels willy.
How do you mount the spotties Waz....Number plate bolts?.

I bought one of them cheap nudge bars,$40 at Autopro, then changed my mind and went to Bunnings and bought 2 "L" brackets for $1.50 each that already had holes for the spotties in them. I then just drilled 2 holes in each for the number plate screws to go through and mounted them behind the number plate. When I made the harness i made it so I can remove the Relay from its "female" connector and the 2 wires leading to the spotties can be removed too. This way I can remove them when I don't need them a put them in the boot. The switch for them is under the bonnet but they are wired to high beams. The ones I got are brilliant, with the HID high beams they light up the road for about 400 metres and into the bush too each side of the road with no shadows like spotties. Basically just an even distribution of light from 45 degrees from left of centre to right of centre.

Last edited: