Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] please help[

Dane Geer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf sv6 ute
Chemiweld, as in the temp fix for cooling systems to get you home if you break down 1000km from home? If yes then yep you're up for a new engine.
yea i thought as much, thankyou for your reply

Dane Geer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf sv6 ute
Other option,

Drop the new oil,
Remove the Low oil sensor and clean it in degreaser,
Wash it with fresh water,
and dry it off with compressed air if you have that available,
Re-install it and test it again.
ok thankyou

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
theres a alert saying low oil pressure stop engine
Chemiweld is designed to block. The only hope you have is to pull the sump and unblock the pickup. However I feel you may be just throwing away more money as the bearings have probably been destroyed.

Dane Geer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf sv6 ute
Chemiweld is designed to block. The only hope you have is to pull the sump and unblock the pickup. However I feel you may be just throwing away more money as the bearings have probably been destroyed.
ok thankyou

Dane Geer

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 vf sv6 ute
ok thankyou

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
i have a vf sv6 ute and to try and stop an oil leak i put some chem i weld into the oil and now the ute is running like as tractor, have i completely wrecked my engine? is there anyway to fix? or am i going to have to get a new motor? please help

200w.gif

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
ok thankyou
Can you find someone that knows a little more about Cars and if you do please get him to check your car. Was the Car Engine overheated, I bought a VE Sedan and the previous owner change the Oil only twice in 158,000l and never change the filter as he did not know where the Filter was. Yes I'm the second owner.surprising the car is still running great after 160,000 K's The Car now is spoilt as I use Penrite GF-5 5W 30 Full Synthetic, I say God know how its still running a I found at least 3 teaspoons of rubbish where the filter is.
No doubt they are some Horrible people out there that abuses cars P/S Change my Oil a expensive oil with filter every 5000 or less kays.

Last edited:

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
There hope for the VF, Our VE was like this 3 years ago and it still running like a Charm (touch wood) today. If you can someone on this Forum to look at the car a person that is experience with Ve Vf it will be worth a slab of Beer. Trouble is you live in the Wrong State.