Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plenium Gasket Re-use?

ThunderVZ0410

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Ute Thunder S
I'm looking at changing my water pump and inlet seals soon and just wondering if I can re-use the metal gasket for the plenium, the gasket is probably two months old now. And i can see they have also used a gasket goo

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I'm looking at changing my water pump and inlet seals soon and just wondering if I can re-use the metal gasket for the plenium, the gasket is probably two months old now. And i can see they have also used a gasket goo

Most gaskets gooed on tear coming off.
I would get a new gasket just in case.

car_driver

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Never a good idea to re-use a gasket. They are generally single use only as once compressed they don't tend to seal well the second time around.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
You shouldn't have to remove the Plenum cover to do the water pump or inlet ('O' Ring) seals. If you must remove the cover then I suggest you purchase a metal gasket that is suitable for re-use. Have a read of the accompanying link, it also includes process for the 'O' rings, lots cheaper than the price Holden charges. Good luck: vz alloytec plenum chamber gasket | eBay

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
if they are the newer metal ones they will go again...just screw it down evenly so it goes down flat......mine did ok no leaks however I would recommend using the gm style water pump gasket and not the paper one ...the red coolant weeps out of the paper one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Adventra LX8 & LX6
Lifted the plenum on my VZ 190 about 4 times.. Done carefully and never needed to change it... Never leaked or torn it
I have had a new one sitting there since the first time just never needed to use it ..