Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Plug gap and firing order

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
:driving: Can someone tell me the plug gap and firing order of the 1994 VR SS 5.0cc motor as i keep getting told the gap is 1.0mm then someone else says 1.5mm witch one is it???:thumbsup:

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
generally the firing order is 153624 isnt it? someone confirm this im just going by my car but i think this is a general order for most cars. in regards to the spark gap there should be a sticker under the hood on a suspension strut or somewhere with a bunch of info regarding timing degrees and spark gap... have a look and hopefully someone else here will answer your questions for sure

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
yobbo88 said:
generally the firing order is 153624 isnt it? someone confirm this im just going by my car but i think this is a general order for most cars. in regards to the spark gap there should be a sticker under the hood on a suspension strut or somewhere with a bunch of info regarding timing degrees and spark gap... have a look and hopefully someone else here will answer your questions for sure
your missing a couple of cylinders
firing order12784563
gap is 1.4-1.5
thats from my haymes manual

yobbo88

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore SL wagon 253
sorry disregard my post did not read the question at all... ill go now :whistling