Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

plz help!!

mooney89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skaife signature vz senstor/93 vq caprice
Hi everyone. A mate of mine has an auto vl executive and has recently spent around $9000 on it. He got a large hydraulic cam and heads. The people that did the work also put a new computer into the origknal craddle and did a mafless tune. Now thus is all well and good as the power is there but in park it idles very high and when ya put your foot down the car coughs and feels like it is starving for fuel. Also when he lets off the gas and slows down the car shudders and coughs like the gear is too high gear. Any ideas on what is going on would help. Although i havent explained it very well. Cheers guys

Commo_Carl

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR V6 Turbo Ute, 99 STI EJ207 GT FORESTER
I had similar problems at the start of the year, it was a melted/frayed spark plug lead. Worth a CLOSE look, sometimes you can not even realise. May be way off the mark, but worth a look.

Pie-VK

That guy.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Series I VY SS Ute 5.7/M6
Is it really really hard to brake?

My old VK had the problem and it turned out to be the brake booster and a leak.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
$9000? tell me that included a more powerful fuel pump...

mooney89

Reaction score
Members Ride
Skaife signature vz senstor/93 vq caprice
Thanks for the quick feedback. Oh my mate has been shafted so bad. Thats port and polished heads, tge cam is like a 320 or something and they didnt even put a stally in for him. No upgraded fuel system. Hes only on his p,s and hes a good bloke and just wants a tough vl. But yeah he has taken it places and people say the have fixed the problem charge him another grand and send him on his way.
Anyway thanks for the feedback guys. Really appreciate it.

Sescam94

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt stroker twin turbo
I had similar problems at the start of the year, it was a melted/frayed spark plug lead. Worth a CLOSE look, sometimes you can not even realise. May be way off the mark, but worth a look.

i agree had the same issue once i changed the lead that was melted it was fine