Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

POD filter vs air filter?

G

gocommygo

ok ive currently got a K&N performance air filter on my car and i recently got given a POD filter, is it worth putting the POD filter in instead of my k&N performnace one? and whats the difference between the 2?

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Do a search in the forum, you will find at least 40 different posts with all the performance aspects of a filter/pod setup.

if you are just going to throw a pod filter on then it is pointless, it will only draw in hot air from the engine bay.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
I threw a pod in, I had a new K+N panel in before.. I've noticed the car's smoother and a **** load better to drive..

Click My Ride in my signature for a look..

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Take vinnywelsh's advice, i guess from what i read pods work better on 6's, no idea why, all the experience i have had they have made the car worse

Notorious

Notoriou$
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S2 3.8L
Im also after an upgraded filter, it depends on who you talk to as to whats best so you have to take a pic, ALTHO iv read from **************** them selves that the best cai is a panel filter with a peice of duct running under the wheel arch to the front of the guard, so thats what im gonna do when i get cash, ppl can post what the think/want but this is what iv seen with my eyes and what im going for. :) hope it helps

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I had the k&n panel for a while and went to the pod and enjoyed the nice induction howling noise but as a test went back to the panel filter and noticed the difference immediately go with the panel filter and a CAI and you will be laughing.

G

gocommygo

hmm how much would CAI be? ive sorta bin thinking bout it ^_^

L8N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS COMMODORE
gocommygo said:
hmm how much would CAI be? ive sorta bin thinking bout it ^_^
if you just want to go the holden super6 over the radiator CAI then it would cost from $60-$90 depending if you got the CAI bottom half of the air box or modifyed yours to sute

G

gocommygo

hmm ive got a VP commodore just with a K&N filter, im going to holden tommorow to see how much a new remote central locking thingo will cost so ill have to chekc then i spose

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
I installed my CAI today, literally a 30 min job. Ive been driving for about a week with just the K & N and noticed a difference in acceleration and in sound. The K & N gave me a little hissing sound. After the CAI the sound quietend abit and strangly slightly reduced my low end acceleration but noticably increased the mid and high. Cant really hear much of the CAI but i hear a whoosh sound when taking foot of thottle after a good punching.