Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter?

Shivaga

Reaction score
Website
www.bhss.com.au
Members Ride
'05 VZ Lumina 3.6V6
hey everyone, as most of u know, ii'm the guy who drives the '94 camry. just wondering if it's worth getting a pod filter. they are relatively cheap, and giv a little pit more power, but do they have any fallbacks or anything? like how often do they need to b replaced, and do they do as good of a job as the stock ones do at cleaning the air?

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
search cai and youll find your answeres

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
probably not much help to you searching for CAI on here. it would all be commodore stuff.

Pod by itself isn' the best thing. they suck the hot air from the engine bay. you need to put it in an enclosure to get cold air, and also to keep it legal

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
heres mine... on teh camry minus the heat shield. i get betetr economy with it on and it sounds tough, almost i mean almost can sound like a blow off between gears.....

Attachments

• sucker.JPG
    sucker.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 775

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Haha go team Camry. If you ask me they sound like a fishing reel unspooling at high speed.

Sorry guys :p

J

james_VK_355

yeah sounds good like the explode sticker on ur bak window. ha
pods are a waste of money
there are no performance gains from a brand new clean pod compared to a brand new clean flat panel filter.
u will only loose induction when they get old and dirty but it would hav to b fairly dirty b4 u noticed much difference.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i beg to differ. performance wise maybe no change, first i thought it might have felt better on take off but it might have been the noise feeling fast!!
waste of money? i get much better economy. the pod was $15, teh panel is almost $30.

are you dissin the Xplod sticker or you genuinly interested?