Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
elljay said:
thanks heaps man! love ya work :p
**** maybe not.. I think it's actually the Air Temperature Sensor..

Gimme a few mins, I'll confirm it.. I'm pretty sure its the Air Temp Sensor.. Air Flow Meter is in the Throttle Body..

EDIT: God damn..

IT IS ACTUALLY THE "AIR FLOW SENSOR".. FFS...

spac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Pac S2 M5
I used to have a pod.. On cold nights it was louder the any other nosie from my car. lol but my CAI makes noise to, especially when the auto choke is on when i first start up.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
its your maf...the air temp sensor is the little one thats found in the airbox.

W

Wolves

thanks Shounak... so is having an AFM (air filter meter) better than not having one? what does it do exactly? obviouslly it mesures the air, but is it a bonus?

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
The Air Flow Meter measures how much air.. And richens or leans the mixture accordingly AFAIK..

JohnniieeVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S pack Series 2
yeah, its better to have ur afm on, u need it, notice if u take it off and rev it, ur starvin the engine of air, my understanding of the afm is it tells the computer how much air is comin in so it puts the right about of fuel.
if u going to put a pod on ur car i hear that u need to mount it with a bracket or somethin properly, if a cop pulls u over and u dont have something holdin it down u can get a minor canairy.

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
JohnniieeVS said:
yeah, its better to have ur afm on, u need it, notice if u take it off and rev it, ur starvin the engine of air, my understanding of the afm is it tells the computer how much air is comin in so it puts the right about of fuel.
if u going to put a pod on ur car i hear that u need to mount it with a bracket or somethin properly, if a cop pulls u over and u dont have something holdin it down u can get a minor canairy.

if you take you maf off the car isnt goin to start, it'll crank over and die straight away.

VS CALAIS

M6 VF SSV
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV 6spd Manual
sircruisealotVS said:
if you take you maf off the car isnt goin to start, it'll crank over and die straight away.
Any one know if a Mafless tune is available for the vs 6's either L36 or L67 like they do on the LS1's ?????

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
As fitzy first said if the pod simply replaces the entire airbox it will suck in hot air big time, it will need to be setup so it gets incoming cool air from somewhere other than under the hood or the whole point of it is virtually wasted.

Some CAI must be setup to the old airbox (minus the filter) then you will get the silence + a difference in air flow + a lowered air temp and it should work fine.