Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police bash hoons

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Since when did a nursing home worker uphold the law, i'm sorry but thats a poor analogy.
He is referring to their job to care for old people.
Same as its a police officers job to uphold the law not abuse it.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Since when did a nursing home worker uphold the law, i'm sorry but thats a poor analogy.

efe5cf52-e526-40cb-af3e-69335608331d.jpg

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina

I think its a pretty good analogy.

A copper is angry and takes it out on someone he knows cant fight back - the repercussions of fighting back are worse than the beating.

A nursing home worker is angry and takes it out on someone he knows cant fight back - the repercussions of fighting back are worse than the beating.

I dont see upholding the law as part of the equation.. the cop wasnt upholding the law, he was breaking it.

Pickled

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Thats just silly and irrelevant, no one likes roadworks. Traffic control play a very important part in keeping work sites safe though. You can't compare us to trouble makers, were're just doing our job.

Thats over reacting a bit, i wasn't implying that we should "make anyone in a uniform lawmaker, judge, and executioner", i just think smack round head is pretty minor. Yes you're right they did take it to far in this instance (despite the way it made me feel).

But the thing is people aren't afraid of cops anymore, because they can't do ****. I think a healthy fear of cops is good, people would respect them. Sadly everything is open to abuse, but i'd rather we went back to the ways things used to be than what we are doing now.

I don't know about you but I've built up a fear of the police, along with respect for them.

I've had a few bad run ins with the police, which makes me cringe every time I see them, but I also work with a few officers which has made me respect them a lot more than I did when I first got my license.

With that being said there are some asshole officers out there, but you take the good with the bad, most of them are pretty nice and lenient if you co-operate.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I think its a pretty good analogy.

A copper is angry and takes it out on someone he knows cant fight back - the repercussions of fighting back are worse than the beating.

A nursing home worker is angry and takes it out on someone he knows cant fight back - the repercussions of fighting back are worse than the beating.

I dont see upholding the law as part of the equation.. the cop wasnt upholding the law, he was breaking it.

I disagree, thats half of the problem isn't it. I remember reading a article in the paper a few years back in Tasmania where all these coppers were up in arms about the penalty's for assaulting a police officer, first offence was a warning and about 100 hours of community service. How is that justice? or a better question relating to your comment, Do you really think thats worse than a beating? I don't think so.

We're talking about two different roles here, although what they did was breaking the law i believe it was morally right. You don't get respect from people by simply saying "don't do it again" and then taking them to court for another unjust sentence. Like i said in my last post id far rather things be like they used to be. Problem with a lot of people i find is their hearts are bigger than their heads, thats why nothing will ever change, quite sad.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Their police officers and have a job to do end of story. While their on the job their duty is to protect and serve the citizens in their jurisdiction and lead by example. It would be like a nursing home worker beating an old lady because the other residents pissed them off that day.
Yes that's a pretty good example of containing frustration. Also school teachers, just because they get bad students doesn't allow them to take it out on other students. They like the police are trained to teach an educate as much as enforce. But neither can abuse their position by claiming a bad day at work or really they cant take any personal anger frustrations into work. It's just a ticking time bomb for division.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
As I said police have a job to do. If they were not in full uniform and on the clock then fine treat them as normal citizens. In this case they were on the job and that job has requirements they did not meet.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I disagree, thats half of the problem isn't it. I remember reading a article in the paper a few years back in Tasmania where all these coppers were up in arms about the penalty's for assaulting a police officer, first offence was a warning and about 100 hours of community service. How is that justice? or a better question relating to your comment, Do you really think thats worse than a beating? I don't think so.

We're talking about two different roles here, although what they did was breaking the law i believe it was morally right. You don't get respect from people by simply saying "don't do it again" and then taking them to court for another unjust sentence. Like i said in my last post id far rather things be like they used to be. Problem with a lot of people i find is their hearts are bigger than their heads, thats why nothing will ever change, quite sad.

Nothing morally right about it. Personally satisying for the cops involved, no doubt, but just plain wrong.

If they sit back and take an unjustified beating, all they get is a beating.

If they lift a single finger to protect themselves, they face all manner of possibilities. The very least of those will be a more severe beating.

Being charged with assaulting a police officer comes to mind.. or they could actually succeed in defending themselves against what is simply a common assault, and get capsicum sprayed or even shot in extreme (and of course very rare) circumstances, just for doing so.

Funny you should mention courts, no-one seems to have thought the courts have any relevance up till now.. it seems the cops are now allowed to make judgement on the spot.

Yes I believe the sentences, punishments, etc should be harsher for some crimes. Yes I think the cops have a bugger of a job. But over and over.. the cops are the servants of the law, not the other way around.

If someone needs a beating, the laws need to be changed to allow a judge to sentence someone to get one. Until then, I guess beatings are out. This is Australia, the courts do the judging here, not Officer Plod.

Most cops are professional and ethical. These ones werent, and arent needed in the Police Force we trust to protect us. Sack them and charge them with aggravated assault. They are the ones who give cops a bad name.

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
There's always going to be 2 sides to this argument and no one is going to change anyone else's feelings on this. We can all argue about this until we're black and blue but it wont change a thing. Bottom line is yes the cops were out of line and yes the 2 guys acted pretty stupid to be placed in that situation but the way I look at it is if the 2 guys didn't act so stupid in the first place then they never would have copped a hiding (sorry about the pun). In the end we all have to take responsibility for our actions and these guys should cop it on the chin and learn from it and the cops should also.

That's my thoughts on it and I don't expect everyone to agree with me but I think it gets pretty low when some guys attack others on their opinions just because they don't agree with it.

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
read the first few post's and skipped to the end. 2 years ago i lost all respect for cops, as did my whole family. A girl i knew started making up lies about me and her gran made her go to the cops. endded up going throught the courts. The way i was treated was unacceptable. the search warrant just to take pictures was approved for the day after australia day they changed the dates on the warrant and forced their way in the house with my whole family and all my friends there. when one person stood up and said "wtf this about?" one of the police said "your mates been busy raping girls, so sit down!" 3 days in court and about 5 minutes of deliberation and i was found inocent of 4 charges! you can tell me how nice you dad or brother is and their a cop but as soon as they put on that uniform they arent human to me. i was innocent and preyed upon because i couldnt do anything to them, and we didnt take it further after it was all sorted out because we'd been through enough.

rant over