Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Shoot Dead 15 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I feel for the members who were involved in this. It's a bad day when someone has to be taken down by use of lethal force. Whether or not it was a justified shooting will be a matter for homicide and ESD to determine. That's after all of them, especially the ones pulling the trigger, are put through the wringer.

I've read comments, and these reflect what the general public always think, regarding whether or not there was some other way the situation could be dealt with. I believe these people are called 'arm chair critics'. Sorry guys, but you weren't there so your opinion really means bugger all.

As for shooting people in a specific part of their body? Anyone who says that has obviously never used a firearm, let alone in a life/death situation. MY safety is number one. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but I didn't sign up for this job to die for a cause. If I wanted to do that I would have gone and joined Al-Quaeda. If it comes down to me or them, I want to go home at the end of my shift. Your tax dollars don't quite satisfy me enough to want to risk death or serious injury to myself, my fellow coppers or members of the public.

Being put in that situation of having to take a life is a bad thing either way. At the end of it, that person is someones son/daughter, husband/wife, father/mother.

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
Making mistakes is part of growing up. Taking up arms, threatening people, trying to injure people isnt.

Ahh, the softly softly approach, great for getting bugger all done, but it sure keeps the bleeding hearts happy. The Chopper Reids, Karl Williams' and Ivan Mallats all start somewhere.

Also, why should we fund the lifestyle of the degenerates of society? It costs approximately $150 a day to keep a prisoner in a victorian prison.

$55,000 a year...or a once off payment for a bullet...

Yeah I agree it is cheaper to shoot them than send them to jail,I reckon that Australia should bring back the death penalty for certain crimes, it would save a lot of taxpayer dollars.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I feel for the members who were involved in this. It's a bad day when someone has to be taken down by use of lethal force. Whether or not it was a justified shooting will be a matter for homicide and ESD to determine. That's after all of them, especially the ones pulling the trigger, are put through the wringer.

I've read comments, and these reflect what the general public always think, regarding whether or not there was some other way the situation could be dealt with. I believe these people are called 'arm chair critics'. Sorry guys, but you weren't there so your opinion really means bugger all.

As for shooting people in a specific part of their body? Anyone who says that has obviously never used a firearm, let alone in a life/death situation. MY safety is number one. Sorry if that sounds selfish, but I didn't sign up for this job to die for a cause. If I wanted to do that I would have gone and joined Al-Quaeda. If it comes down to me or them, I want to go home at the end of my shift. Your tax dollars don't quite satisfy me enough to want to risk death or serious injury to myself, my fellow coppers or members of the public.

Being put in that situation of having to take a life is a bad thing either way. At the end of it, that person is someones son/daughter, husband/wife, father/mother.

Thank you for bringing some sense to the absolute rubbish people are saying.

Just quickly, I wonder how these same critics would have snipers trained, would you have us shoot at peoples knee caps to remove the bad guy?

Seriously people, wake the wake up, this kid was a menace, he was threatening lives, he refused warnings, he suffered the punishment. The only people I feel sorry for are the police. Going by the sounds of the reports the mother sounds as stupid as the braindead racist wannabe hitler that was killed. Oh yeah, i guess not everyone is reporting the fact this moron was a member of a pretty well known neo-nazi group.

Well done Vi Police, you killed 2 birds with 1 stone.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I was listening to some of the reports tonight, people were piping up about how it took 3 people to kill the guy. I dunno how the Vic Police would see it but I would think that if 3 out of the 4 officers there shot him that is a good sign that they acted appropriatly - that 3/4 of them percieved an imminent threat to their lives and they acted as they were trained.

I dont know how people get off on saying the police are trigger happy. Ive got 2 family members in the police force who say they dread the day they have to use their gun, Ive also spoken to a lot of police officers through my course that say the same thing. Coppers dont want to use their guns, and if they were trigger happy wouldnt there be a hell of a lot more incidents like this. I would have to think back 1 or 2 years to remember hearing about a police officer shooting someone.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Even the nets I have on my fruit trees would have stoped a kid armed with a couple of blunt stainless chinese kitchen knives. If they got close enough to him to spray him cleary he wasn't going to throw a knife or he would have allready.

Who wants to bet them parents called the Police and in order to get their attention dramatized it up a bit by mentioning my sons run off and hes taken knives from the kitchen!. he will probably be at the skate park!. Police arrive, things go bad, kids dead. I'm sure he wold have come home later on by himself. \once before everyone got paranoid I was on a school camp and every male in my class bought a rambo style hunting knife at the market and walked around with them in our hands for the entire day in inner Melbourne, no one cared. These days we would have all been dead ?:)

P.S I have a mate that fancied himself as a nazi as a young kid, He grew up quite sensible and even married a native american girl

pip78

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VT Commodore Wagon V6
For ****s sake, lets say the cops had tasers, they used it, the kid died, what would you say then? Oh ban tasers they are dangerous...

For ****s sake, this world is going to ****, the guy didnt stop after warning shots, kept going after caps, he wasnt going to stop. I do not give a **** if he was a good kid iced up, he was a menace. The result was the best possible outcome. It is a pity they do not just do this to pedo's, murderers etc.

where does it stop though. say someone is coming towards a cop with a water pistol (for example, and you can tell its a water pistol) do the cops then shoot that person in the chest. i think they get mad on power & become trigger happy.

what about equal force. they are always telling us if someone (for example) breaks into your home and has a knfe you have to use equal force (ie you cant shoot them) so if cops can shoot someone with knives, why cant we.

as far as im concerned it seems to be one law for the cops, & a different law for the rest of us.

yes i agree that cops do a tough job, but arent they meant to restrain suspects (not kill them) congrats on catching the suspect, but i think they could have captured him alive

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Riiiight. So this is all the cops fault? The cop put the knife in the kids hand, and made him fail to comply with police instructions?

Just heard the family has condemned the police handling of the situation, saying that they lacked "negotiating" skills.

Maybe somebody should point out their lack of parenting skills.
HAHAHAHAHA are you ****ing serious? lack of negotiating skills? maybe if the parents done there ****ing job then there wouldn't be a problem here :)

If they arrested him, he would of just got off with a slap on the wrist (not literally.. would sew someone if they touched him, cant do **** these days) then he would be out committing crimes AGAIN possibly hurting people of the public....

The boys in blue done a fantastic job, they deserve more respect then they get rather then almost get killed bya 15 year old ****head.....

**** him, he ****ed up and now his dead..... one less person i have to worry about stabbing me when i withdraw from an atm

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon

Well said. The worst part of all this is the effect that it will probably have on the officers.

where does it stop though. say someone is coming towards a cop with a water pistol (for example, and you can tell its a water pistol) do the cops then shoot that person in the chest. i think they get mad on power & become trigger happy.

what about equal force. they are always telling us if someone (for example) breaks into your home and has a knfe you have to use equal force (ie you cant shoot them) so if cops can shoot someone with knives, why cant we.

as far as im concerned it seems to be one law for the cops, & a different law for the rest of us.

yes i agree that cops do a tough job, but arent they meant to restrain suspects (not kill them) congrats on catching the suspect, but i think they could have captured him alive

You can't be serioius? What would you have done different? Shot both the knives out of his hands i suppose

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

Pip are you listening to yourself? Coppers get trigger happy? Majority of the police force will tell you the same thing, they dread the day they pull out their gun. Most police havent and probally wont need to pull their guns out. The sad truth is a lot of officers who have used their firearms do go through a lot of intense counseling and a lot of them quit the job. To say they want to whip out their pistol is extremely ignorant.

Next point - yes they couldve captured him alive, but at what cost to themselves? Their job foremost is to protect themselves. They could not put their hands on the offender without risking their own lives, when the offender kept walkin towards them, threatening to kill them they had no other choice but to put him down.

I dont know why that is so hard to understand. These officers are not paid to be stabbed, like VicCop said he doesnt get paid enough to risk his life, if they were to attempt to grab him their lives are in danger. People can whinge and moan and say they "couldve" done this, fact of the matter is the police used all the options available to them at the time when the offender proceeeded to advance towards them threatening their lives they were forced to shoot.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I think your words are falling on deaf ears Grennan/VicCop. It's not a perfect world, and life is not a movie. Some people struggle to grasp that.

For those of you whinging about bullets to the chest - just think: What if a police officer shot at the kid's leg, and missed? The bullet strikes the ground behind him... where does it go then? Life isn't a video game, bullets don't make nice round holes in the floor and go away. They keep moving. Similar if a round is fired at his arm and grazes him or goes straight through some exterior muscle.

I think a lot of people here are picturing a child on an open street holding two knives, having a little western stand-off against a bunch of cops with guns. I wasn't there, and neither were you, but I would put a lot of money on saying that's not how it happened. :)

In an ideal world, the police officers would have had a wide arsenal of counter-measures on them - rubber bullets, tasers, a large net, maybe a whip and some swords, and some Steven Segal martial arts training. But they didn't. One of my cousins is a police officer, and from some of the stories he tells me, it can take up to three or four trained officers to safely bring down one UNARMED man. I'd hate to think what I would do if I were ever being pursued by someone with two knives. I'd hate to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.