Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Policeman on mobile.

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
Last nite me and a mate went to chappel st and we were cruising looking around and what do i see....a policeman in a police car on a mobile phone chatting it away while driving..i was supprised as it looked like he tryed to hide it but u could still see it, i wanted to record it but wasent quick enough as he turned in2 a street, i wish i did record it lol i could of used it as a bribe hahaha...damn.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I wish i had a $1 for every cop i have seen driving with mobile in hand, It's double standards if i got caught doing the same thing i'd be in the ****, But i would take it to court and say i have seen many officers driving whilst on there mobile phones, Now they are the law, They uphold it, So if a police officer is showing it is fine to drive whilst on a mobile phone, Then it must be fine as they are the law and we only follow there lead?.

But as my mum says they can do what they like they don't give a **** at all.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Meh, doesn't bother me really. I see dozens of non-police-officers using their mobiles too, and that doesn't phase me... you know, unless they're all over the road, which some of them are. Personally, I don't see it as a really big distraction to the average driver, so I have no problem with people doing it :) But that's just my opinion. If a copper has to use it, then fair enough. They have the right, and I believe they have the co-ordination too.

Holding phone + talking + driving = holding doughut + talking + driving. And I frequently do the latter :D

Dragz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ
it ****es me off when i see cops braking the law, the law is law..they are not the law they inforce it and them beign on a mobile while driving ...any drunk idiot can pop infront and bang ... mehhh

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
it ****es me off when i see cops braking the law, the law is law..they are not the law they inforce it and them beign on a mobile while driving ...any drunk idiot can pop infront and bang ... mehhh

Umm they're not actually breaking the law. See below from the "Ask the Copper" thread. I know it still seems like double standards, but they're technically allowed to do it.

...remember next time you see a copper on the phone while driving:

Road Rule 300. Use of hand-held mobile phones
(1) The driver of a vehicle (except an emergency vehicle or police vehicle) must
not use a hand-held mobile phone while the vehicle is moving, or is stationary
but not parked, unless the driver is exempt from this rule under subrule (3).

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
But i would take it to court and say i have seen many officers driving whilst on there mobile phones, Now they are the law, They uphold it, So if a police officer is showing it is fine to drive whilst on a mobile phone, Then it must be fine as they are the law and we only follow there lead?..

good luck;)

you wouldn't have a leg to stand on

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

Police officers have an exemption so long as the call is in the course of them carrying out their duty. (In Vic they do anyway).

Reaper

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Yep police are allowed to use their mobile providing it is a call relating to duties. From what i understand its also NSW and QLD that have this for police.

bradcad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina & mazda 2 DE
My wife dobbed in a cop on a mobile in QLD. She was told by a snr sgt that it was dispicable that officers could not abide by the rules they uphold, and that he would be fined.