Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pontiac G8 Parts to Suite VE

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Hi all,

Interested to know if parts bought from the US that are for the Pontiac G8 range would be suitable for the VE Holden range? In particular, exhausts, suspension, cats, engine components, etc.

My understanding is that the Pontiac G8 started in 2008 and was basically the VE 6 litre range re-badged for the US market. Does that mean they are identical to the whole Australian VE range from 2006-2012, besides obvious external differences?

I'm obviously asking because if I wanted to buy products from the US at a cheaper price, can we safely use the Pontiac G8 as a base for the VE, as product part numbers are different here to the US version. So if I buy something that is suitable for the Pontiac can I assume that it will automatically fit my VE?

helmotbros

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
I'm not too sure on other parts but I had the same idea for a ripshifter as the g8 one is $150 cheaper but, after doing research, they actually used different gearboxes. G8 being T6060 and ve being T56. Bummer!

Evil Empire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V
Yeah I've had a similar issue. Definitely know I can get the Koni Sport Shocks much cheaper from the US with matching serial numbers, but seems the Eibach springs have different serial numbers here for the VE compared to over there for the Pontiac, so not sure if different codes for different countries, or totally different springs? Same goes for the Bilstein B8's. Got the Australian serial numbers for the VE from Bilstein themselves, but seems no one I've spoken to in the US recognise the serial numbers when I give them to them. They are then unable to know which B8's are suited to my VE. Same issue with the Bilstein B12 package.

Also looking exhaust wise. Noticed one US store offering a Corsa exhaust for the G8 pontiac at a good price but unsure if it will transfer to the VE range. Correct me if I'm wrong but Corsa have a very good rep from all reports. $1500 for a 3" stainless steel cat back sounds like a steal to me, but unsure if it will fit my VE.

SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
How about wheels? Same stud pattern and offset?
I read that G8's have a 5x120.65 stud pattern? Is this just a metric-imperial-metric conversion differential and the same as our 5x120?
What about bore/hub sizes?