Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor battery voltage

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
When the VE experiences low voltage the ECM will begin to ration voltage to a prioritised list of systems. The first to be shut down is often the stability control. It’s voltage is then used in more critical systems.

This is one of the most posted questions we see with VE’s.

Step 1. Get the voltage tested.

9E69CB04-75BD-47BC-8F65-8F4F66EAD1BD.jpeg

This will be the best $55 you spend on a while on the car.
It will do all battery checks required.

It will test charge from the alternator.
It will load test the battery.
It will work with the battery in and out of the car.

Topdon is a well regarded brand in automotive diagnostics and this device will allow you to answer a lot of questions about the battery and charge circuit health in your car.

So many will just go to their local garage and get ripped off more than these devices cost.

Hope this helps someone.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Amazon has it for $170 which is a huge difference compared to the $55 ebay has it for?

Is the ebay unit a genuine product or is it some fake suspect quality item? Guess for $55 one can't really complain too much... but still... you'd want it to work reliably and not fault good batteries or pass bad batteries :rolleyes:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
There is quite a few of them. I’ll be sending mine back if it’s not genuine.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
How does one tell if it's genuine or not...

For example I've seen feedback where some people bought an MDI2 but got an MDI2 case with a VXDIAG installed inside the case :p

As an example, the battery post clamps look different in your post than in the amazon link i provided (and as shown in the Topdon web site i looked at) :oops: Time will tell what you get and how well it works and at $55 reasonable is ok i guess :cool:

icetechaus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SPORTSWAGON
Amazon has it for $170 which is a huge difference compared to the $55 ebay has it for?

Is the ebay unit a genuine product or is it some fake suspect quality item? Guess for $55 one can't really complain too much... but still... you'd want it to work reliably and not fault good batteries or pass bad batteries :rolleyes:
And Alibaba has them for $35.00 US. There is a reason why Bezos can afford spaceships.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I try not to use Amazon because of how they treat their employees.

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
I try not to use Amazon because of how they treat their employees.
Hey mate according to the joke Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world. " Jeff Bezos has got that much money even after his divorce he's still the richest man in the world ". Ha ha.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey mate according to the joke Jeff Bezos is the richest man in the world. " Jeff Bezos has got that much money even after his divorce he's still the richest man in the world ". Ha ha.
Bezos must be rather peeved as he's now the second richest since Musk is now on the top of the Forbes top 20 rich list....

Investopia thinks Elon is even wealtier than Forbes states. And the following Investopia article is interesting in that it states many wealthy simply don't pay much tax (a situation that Warrent Buffet famously thought was a crazy where his secretary would pay more tax than himself).

Bezos may be muttering "if it wasn't for the 38B divorce settlement..." though other measures like Investopia would still see him 2nd... Tough problems being rich...

Interestingly the top 10 of the Forbes 20 top rich listers have a net worth of 1,082 Billion USD... that's over one trillion dollars.. it's somewhat fcuked up from an equity perspective given the poverty that exists around the world and within the states and given the tax games they play. Just the top 10 have wealth that equates to around 3,300 USD for every man woman and child living in the states. And regardless what these high achievers say, theys would still achieve even if their was a fairer distribution of wealth via a fairer tax system.

So if one avoids Amazon because of how Bezos treats his workers, avoids tax, and all the shitfuckery these rich listers do, then over time as they amass everything via globalisation, there will be no place one can buy anything as they will all the same...

It's a fcuked up world full of inequity and we are just the consumers of promises...

Now? just eagerly awaiting a report by Fu on how his Topdon battery tester works... Things like rich listers, corporate avoidance/blacklisting are less interesting :p

Martbar

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF Series 2 SSV Redline.
Bezos must be rather peeved as he's now the second richest since Musk is now on the top of the Forbes top 20 rich list....

[/URL][/URL]

Investopia thinks Elon is even wealtier than Forbes states. And the following Investopia article is interesting in that it states many wealthy simply don't pay much tax (a situation that Warrent Buffet famously thought was a crazy where his secretary would pay more tax than himself).

[/URL][/URL]

Bezos may be muttering "if it wasn't for the 38B divorce settlement..." though other measures like Investopia would still see him 2nd... Tough problems being rich...

Interestingly the top 10 of the Forbes 20 top rich listers have a net worth of 1,082 Billion USD... that's over one trillion dollars.. it's somewhat fcuked up from an equity perspective given the poverty that exists around the world and within the states and given the tax games they play. Just the top 10 have wealth that equates to around 3,300 USD for every man woman and child living in the states. And regardless what these high achievers say, theys would still achieve even if their was a fairer distribution of wealth via a fairer tax system.

So if one avoids Amazon because of how Bezos treats his workers, avoids tax, and all the shitfuckery these rich listers do, then over time as they amass everything via globalisation, there will be no place one can buy anything as they will all the same...

It's a fcuked up world full of inequity and we are just the consumers of promises...

Now? just eagerly awaiting a report by Fu on how his Topdon battery tester works... Things like rich listers, corporate avoidance/blacklisting are less interesting :p
Musk has been divorced 3 times and hes got that much money, now he's the richest man in the world. Ha ha.
Edit The local Automobile Ass. don't load test batteries over here.

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
Musk has a lot of his wealth tied up in Share options and he only pays taxes on those when he takes up those share options when they approach their deadline. I think he sold a whole heap of share options recently because of the twitter deal and needing cash.

Standing on your morals doesn't make you rich unfortunately. I've been using the jungle website more as sometimes it's a lot cheaper/easier than trying to get **** here in NZ.