Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor brake power after upgrade

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
I feel like I got the same issue (still not resolved).
When I push the pedal it feels like it bottoms out. Braking isnt that great and I find its worse at slower speeds.

So far i've manually bled my brakes (multiple times), replaced the rubber brake lines (I wanted to upgrade to stainless anyway, might as well do it while I have issues), master cylinder and the front pads.

I am confident my booster is okay, I've pulled the valve which is working fine. It is holding a vacuum and I also tested without the vacuum hose which resulted in hardly any brakes.

I am fairly confident my issue is the ABS module. At this stage i'm thinking of just sending it to Holden to resolve.
I had a similar issue with my daily Mazda a bit over a year ago and the abs module was the culprit

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
Wakefield were breaking noise restrictions for years, it wasn't until they applied to upgrade the track that trouble started, council said you need to fix noise, Wakefield took them to court, that was when they dug deeper

Wakefield owners kicked themselves in the balls when you look hard at the evidence

They could have stipulated noise restrictions like other places have, but they didn't, thus, the issues they have had

Wakefield is closing and will be sold in the nearish future

Possibly for residential

Possibly to a couple of rich guys as a private track where they can play race car driver once a month

Reading that was the same feeling as being at knock-off parade on a Friday arvo and being told we're all working the weekend...

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
Reading that was the same feeling as being at knock-off parade on a Friday arvo and being told we're all working the weekend...
And strangely enough, I was told today I'm working the weekend as well

#millife

LOL

18vDrill_SkinOnly

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SV6 Comm / 22 Ford Mustang 5.0l
ffs, it's never changed lol...

The sadder part was I thought working weekends was only an IET thing, how wrong I was.

Hopefully it's cruisy for you.

CrackShotDave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore SS Ute
Update: after 2 weeks in a carpark the booster still had pressure/vaccum, I ran through the break checks (pumping the brake till it was hard, starting the engine and the pedal decoompressed etc) seems the booster is completely fine.

I think the ABS module could be an issue? Im going to book the car in with Holden to have the brakes fully bled, including the ABS unit. Hope they dont sting me too hard :oops:

CrackShotDave

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Commodore SS Ute
Final update.

There was air in the ABS and the fluid was filthy. Only cost me 80 bucks and its alot better.
Still not super responsive but the service guy said it's how they all are.
Happy enough.

Reactions: Lex